cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Studio on IDT - Java Class not found in classpath

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a BOE 4.1 SP6 IDT Universe (udx) with a Sybase IQ 15 connection that works locally and on the BI Launchpad.

I open Design Studio (1.6) and can select the universe as a data source but when I try to preview results etc. I receive a Java Class not found in classpath error.

The sybase classpth is defined in the BOE Data Access folders (sybase.sbo) and all our universes (old/new) work perfectly.

Does Design Studio require it's own classpath definition?

Or what am I missing here ..

Thanks

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is also a recent SAP Note - see http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1983117 for basic checks Design Studio & Universes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy - apologies for the late response.

If you open Design Studio on your laptop in Local Mode, then you don't get any options to use IDT as a connection so you use SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform.

I then get the list of IDT Universes and select one that is currently in use by WEBI.

When it tries to connect and return a result set from selecting an Object in the query panel, it returns the java class not found for jconn3 etc.

The IDT Univere and WEBI have no issues when using the Sybase connection assigned to this unx

I am using an admin logon, have ensured that the jar files are in the correct location as per the SAP note  etc. etc.

I have also tried both Design Studio options (32 / 64 bit) and 2 other work stations.

Totally Stumped

Mike

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mike:

Can you share a screen shot of the error?  Use the camera icon to upload the image

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mike:

The only thing I could find is this SAP Note to help troubleshoot: https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/1983117/E

I would look at the 32 bit versus 64 bit connection and check the drivers in the CMC

Former Member
0 Kudos

<DataBase Active="Yes" Name="Sybase IQ 15">

<Aliases>

<!-- You can add an alias here if you are using some connections that are defined with an older database engine -->

<Alias>Sybase ASIQ 15</Alias>

</Aliases>

<JDBCDriver>

<!--  Uncomment and edit the following lines

to define java classes required by JDBC driver

&lt;ClassPath&gt;

&lt;Path&gt;your jar or class files directory&lt;/Path&gt;

&lt;/ClassPath&gt;

-->

<ClassPath><Path>C:\Sybase\Sybase15.4\jConnect-7_0\classes\jconn4.jar</Path></ClassPath>

<Parameter Name="JDBC Class">com.sybase.jdbc4.jdbc.SybDriver</Parameter>

<Parameter Name="URL Format">jdbc:sybase:Tds:$DATASOURCE$?ServiceName=$DATABASE$</Parameter>

</JDBCDriver>

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At this point, I recommend submitting a SAP Support incident ticket and referencing this discussion link; be sure to include the requested items in the note.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the attempt  Tammy - it's just odd that the IDT solution is able to connect but Design Studio cannot use it as a gateway to the same data.

I'll update this if/when finding a resolution.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mike: are you opening it from the Launchpad and seeing this error?