SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Error Document type must allow cross-company postings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am trying to transfer records of recon keys to General ledger for a invoicing Doc , (corresponding recon key has been closed successfully)  while transfer this to G/L system responded with an error message "Document type  must allow cross-company postings".

Could you please let me know where cross company code needs to define in SPRO.

Also, SAP suggests "In document type , set the attribute cross-company, or assign another document type for general ledger transfer (posting area 0100). " Could you please provide your expertise on this .

Please find the corresponding screen shot attached herewith. Any help on this will be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Gyanendra

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gyanendra,

Go to the following SPRO config node-

Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable-->Basic Functions-->Postings and Documents-->Document-->Maintain Document Assignments-->Document Types-->Maintain Document Types and Assign Number Ranges

Select the Document type for which you are getting the error and check the Cross Company Postings permitted tick..

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

former_member261786
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tiwari,

Looking like you have not maintained the document type for GL transfer.

Please check the bellow SPRO path is document type is maintained for GL transfer or Posting area 0100.

Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable - Integration - General Ledger Accounting - Define Posting Specifications for General Ledger Transfer.

Regards,

Hari

0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

I have already corrected this error through T-Code - FQC0, which redirect to the same customization that you have mentioned . Thanks for your quick response .

But now System is responding with another error message ."No account is specified in item 0000000002  (Message No. F5670 )".

I have found one SCN post related to this . No account is specified in item 0000000002 | SCN

But this is not helpful . Could you please provide your expertise on this .

Thanks & regards,

Gyanendra

0 Kudos

Hi Tiwari,

For me it is looking like assigned GL account type issue which you have assigned at GL transfer level.

Hope you have selected IN FS00 - GL ac type as "Recon. account for acct type is D-Customer" in control data tab, but we are dealing with sub ledger FICA assignment as  "V= Contract Account Receivable".

Please check this.

Regards,

Hari

0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Thanks for your reply .

I have already maintained G/L account as balance sheet account and Recon account type is contract account receivable but I am getting the same error .

Please find the screenshot attached herewith .

Please let me know if you need anything else .

Thanks & regards,

Gyanendra

0 Kudos

Hi Tiwari,

Can you check OB52 account type selection is maintained for D or + ?

Regards,

Hari

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gyanendra,

Go to the following SPRO config node-

Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable-->Basic Functions-->Postings and Documents-->Document-->Maintain Document Assignments-->Document Types-->Maintain Document Types and Assign Number Ranges

Select the Document type for which you are getting the error and check the Cross Company Postings permitted tick..

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thank you so much for your reply .

This error has already resolved . Now I am getting another error while transferring corresponding recon key to G/L.  "No account is specified in item 0000000002".

Could you please provide your expertise on this .

Thanks & regards,

Gyanendra

0 Kudos

Hi Gyanendra,

By any chance is it something to do with "FQZE" ??

Happy if it Helps

Regards,

anilaa

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks all for your reply .

I have resolved this error by myself .

Thanks & regards,

Gyanendra

0 Kudos

what was the issue for this?

Regards,

Hari

0 Kudos

Hi Hari/Anilaa,

I have created a new balance sheet G/L account as follows :-

1) In Control Data tab , changed tax category to output tax account .

2) Recon account for account type is blank and with proper field status group

3 ) Attach this G/L in FQZ8 and FQZ9.

Please find the screenshot attached herewith .

Thanks & regards,

Gyanendra