cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying SM02 system messages in Launchpad?

omakinen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys!

Is there a solution to display system messages set in the backend system (tr. SM02) in the Fiori Launchpad? Maybe use the news tile or make a custom dynamic tile or something else?

Going further, if the backend is down for maintenance, could we somehow block the usage of all/certain apps during that time?

thanks!
Ossi M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ossi,

If all the apps are pointing to one launchpad, you can think of modifying the login class.

You can disable the login into fiori launchpad when the backend is not reachable. May be use paramter table and maintain a value, when the system is not available, set this parameter and code of login class should disable the login accordingly.

Another approach could be redirecting the request to some outage information page. Easier option if you are using web dispatcher.

News tiles or some other information also can be put on the tiles dynamically. For that you need to create an odata service and use it in the dynamic tiles service URL.

"

Above link could be helpful here.

Regards,

Sarbjeet SIngh

omakinen
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Sarbjeet!

These are good ideas to study more.

I think the easier version would be just to get the information to the Launchpad somehow. Maybe a dynamic tile which get's information from a method that polls the backend. Then set it to run every 60 secs or so. If it's down we could raise a red warning text to that tile. Launching that tile could perhaps start an intranet page with downtime information.

I will look, but are there any real life experiences in modifying the login class to do something like blocking the Launchpad logon totally in case of certain situations?

thanks!
Ossi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lynn_lin
Active Participant
0 Kudos
omakinen
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Lynn. I'm not looking to set any system messages from Launchpad, I just want to notify the users about them Let's say you fill a long form and press save only to find out that the saving doesn't complete because the connection to backend is down. All that typing wasted....