cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to Workbench Template not reflecting in Supplier Workbench page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to update some workbench page template where I am removing some Desktop channels and repositioning others.

But, initially system was reflecting the changes on creation of a new WB template.But, later due to some requirement change, I have to create a fresh template and now system is not reflecting both the changes.

1. I have tried Duplicating the existing Template and then editing the new one.

2. I have also tried creating from scratch. But this also is not working

3. I tried to Inactivate the template to see if system is hitting the Template or not. System was processing the same template.

4. Tried refreshing the Caches also, but no use

5. Tried putting eso in application id area too. Didn't work

Please let me know what did I miss or what am I doing wrong..

Many thanks for your inputs in advance.

Regards

Manish Agrawal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Please refer to the below help (or correspondng help page for your release) and review the changes that can be made that will force propogation of the workbench page to the users.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sourcing_70_p/helpdata/en/4a/d5473cefed4f92aad1a73af3e8e74b/content.htm

If this doesn't help, then you may need to create a Support ticket with your version and open the system so we can log in and take a look.

Best Regards,

Nicole Fong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Nicole,

Thanks for the response.

Its mentioned that:

Quote:

To determine whether a Workbench Template has been changed, changes that a user is allowed to make are ignored. These include the following:

•Removing channels, unless they are specified as Required on the Workbench Template.

•Adding channels, except those that are not present in the changed Workbench Template.

•Moving channels, except those that are specified as Fixed Position on the Workbench Template.

Unquote

So, if I make changes to Security profile "Application User" -> Access Rights: Workbench ->  Workbench Page ->Edit = "Deny"

Then, will it force my workbench template changes to Users Workbench pages?

Regards

Manish Agrawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

The security profiles are not in play here other than they can view/edit their workbench.  The documentation is telling you that only certain changes will prompt a change to all users.  Other changes, like those in the list can be changed without it propogating to all users.  So you need to make sure that a change is made that will force that change to the user community.  For example, if you remove a channel then re add it back in, this will force a change out to the user community. 

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Nicole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Nicole,

It didn't work.

I added a new Channel but change didn't flow to either Supplier Contact page.

I tried Vice Versa too but didn't work. (the way you suggested)

Any other change which you think can force system to Push the workbench page Template changes to all the users

Regards

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

You may need to inactivate the suppliers existing workbench page and the next time they log in, it will use the new workbench page with the changes you made.  To do this, using "enterprise" user, go to Setup/Workbench Page, then change the report to All Workbench pages.  Edit one of the external pages and click the "inactive" checkbox.  Then test the log in by that user.  This will recreate the workbench on the next log in.

If this doesn't work for you, please create a new support ticket and we will assist you there.  Thanks!

Hope this works.

Regards,

Niocle Fong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Nicole,

I already tried that trick by deactivating the existing one and creating a fresh Workbench template altogether.

but those changes are not reflecting.

I even left everything inactive. But, what I observed was that just after login user will get blank page. But, once he goes to any other page and returns to home page, then there is a page which is created. Here also, not my template but some other

Unfortunately, even if I raise an OSS I wont b able to provide you system access due to my organization policy.

Regards

Manish Agrawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

We can't always get on our customers systems, but we can do some testing on our test systems here.  So please go ahead and create a ticket.  Include the duplication steps you have taken and the versions of Sourcing you are using and we can test and send to Dev if this is not working as it should.

Thanks,

Nicole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Any inputs on the same will be very helpful..

Thanks & Regards

Manish Agrawal