cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom adapter development steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have a requirement in developing a custom adapter to fulfill the requirement.

Trying to develop a custom adapter by following the below link

Developing a Java Adapter in SAP NetWeaver PI - Enabling Application-to-Application Processes - SAP ...

downloaded the sample adapter template com.sap.aii.adapter.sample.ra.rar

Here in this zip folder, confused what is what ?

Please provide us with your valuable suggestions in developing custom adapter.

Thanks & Regards,

Y V P Deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Like everyone mentioned, there's plenty of content for Adapter and custom module development. IMHO it would be a lot better if you can share what exactly you need it for. May be someone can help if the exact requirement is known.

Hope you give it a thought and share the same.

Cheers

Bibek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bibek,

I provided my requirement in the above message...

Please suggest us the way to fulfill the requirement.

Thanks & Regards,

Y V P Deepak

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I haven't worked with LDAP connections, afaik you have the option to work with a new adapter or to work with java proxies http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10716e9f-23d7-2a10-8c8c-d2665615f...or SAP PI LDAP (Lookup) – UDF | Edgar Martínez – SAP, IT Professional

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Can you please check this post. It captures a similar requirement as yours.

Regards

Bibek

nidhi_srivastava22
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

It seems you are new to PI. I will try to explain you.

Modules - There are predefined modules in SAP PI like AnonymizerBean,PayloadZipBean etc. These are readily available and just you need to include the name and parameters in your Channel Configuration(which is based on adapter like File adapter, IDOC Adapter etc).

Custom Modules - The modules which are not available and are developed for a requirement which cannot be achieved by any means in SAP PI. Custom means modification, that clearly means which is not readily available.

Adapter - In PI which use channels, which are based on adapters. You can check any channel configurations.

Bibek above has already shared the links to implement the custom modules. You can find on google more links, based on which SAP PI version you are using.

For implementing these steps, you need to download NWDS SP12 from Service market place for which you need a service user id. After downloading just follow the steps provided in the given links, you will proceed toward your goal.

Thanks,

Nidhi

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Nidhi has explained perfectly each part, you can check this documentation as well: Developing Adapters and Modules - SAP Library

Just to add, before to develop a new module, you should learn carefully the current modules and adapters available because may you have one yet, if in SCN someone has developed a similar one (Eng Swee has shares a great ones and so on.

Also depending your requirement, may be you can do it with any workaround.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

Thank you very much for your prompt response...Yes i am new to SAP PI ...

We are having the requirement to access LDAP server to pull the newly created user ID's.

Here in this case SAP PI need to login every time to LDAP server.

Now my doubt is, this login authentication will take care by custom module or adapter ?

we are at SAP PI 7.11 SP12. downloaded NWDS 7.11 SP12, (while updating failed to connect to the server for updation and downloaded the NWDS 7.31 SP17 and trying to connect to the server but facing the error remote exception: connection failure.)

Thanks & Regards,

Y V P Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

You can visit this : which is a very good stp-by-step guide for developing a custom module in SAP PI.

Here is another :

Thanks

Bibek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bibek,

I gone through the blogs, its good informative in developing the modules.

I am having one doubt that. what is adapter and module.

If i want to develop the custom adapter then which steps do i need to perform.

Thanks & Regards,

Y V P Deepak