Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc or RFC

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

We are building a new interface wherein we have to Transfer all the Customer master details from ECC system to a DB.A similar interface also needs to be made for Material master.

As per my understanding , it is always advisable to go with BAPI (if one is available) and then look for any other alternatives like idoc ,etc.

So in my case , I have a bapi BAPI_Customer_GetData and one idoc DEBMAS.

But also I have read in scn that idoc should be used for asycn and bapi for sync.

I have come across one link which caters to my exact requirement.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Step+by+Step+process+for+sending+Customer+or+Vendor+Master+D...

Could you please tell me what should I use and why?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

Your research is right you should use IDOC's for async communication and BAPIs for sync one. However, like a tip, you can use a proxy communication instead of BAPIs directly, you can set the BAPI inside the ABAP proxy code, in this way you can monitor easily the BAPI call.

For a IDOC you have a good way to monitor its processing and normally they are better documented.

For the communication with the external DB you can use the jdbc adapter:Configuring the JDBC Adapter - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

Regards.

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Inaki

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sahithi_moparthi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

If your scenario is Async,then i would prefer to go with IDOC.For both the Scenarios i.e material and customer you can use IDOC's.