cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NW Single Sign-On for ABAP Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are trying to implement SAP NW Single Sign-On 2.0 for ABAP Systems.

I am a bit confused on Secure Login Server. Is Secure Login Server required for ABAP Systems configurations?

Thank you,

Raam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

donka_dimitrova
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raam,

Secure Login Server is a lightweight PKI solution and it is responsible for issuing short lived X.509 client certificates. It is necessary to use Secure Login Server only if you would like to implement SSO for AS ABAP based on X.509 client certificates and you don't have you own PKI or if you want to use the exchange the long lived X.509 certificate from your PKI for a short lived.

Secure Login Server and SSO based on short lived X.509 client certificates could be used also inf you want to implement these security features:

• two-factor authentication (OTP/RSA/SMS/e-mial) for scenarios that include SAP GUI for Windows, NWBC for Windows, etc.
  • risk-based authentication for for scenarios that include SAP GUI for Windows, NWBC for Windows, etc.
  • RFID based authentication
  • client side digital signatures
  • etc.

More details about Secure Login Server you will be able to find here:

http://help.sap.com/download/sapsso/secure_login_impl_guide_en.pdf

If you want to use the SAP Single Sign-On 2.0 to implement SSO for AS ABAP based on Kerberos, you do not need the Secure Login Server. If you want to implement SSO for AS ABAP based on X.509 client certificates from you corporate PKI, you also don't need the Secure Login Server.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Regards,

Donka Dimitrova

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Donka Dimitrova, that's help me a lot.

I am trying to download software from Service Market Place, but I didn't find the s/w in SMP.

Could you please help me the location of software's (Secure Login Client, Secure Login Server, Secure Login Library).

Thank you,

Raam

donka_dimitrova
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raam,

SAP Single Sign-On product requires licenes. You will be able to see the product for download only when your company purchase a licese for it.

Regards,

Donka Dimitrova

Answers (0)