SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration:Legacy to SAP (FICA)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need your valuable Suggestions,

I am new to Migration activity, i want to know few things from you guys.

1.Security Object

2.Document Object

3.Payment Object

Planing to do through EMIGALL< how to over come this? Debit and Credit.

And my requirement is need to maintain Historical data since 2013 December onwards, suggest me what is best practice for migration.

I am planing to migrate only Open balances, but client is not accepting. Give me a brief idea how to achieve this Milestone.

Thanks,

Abbas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abbas,

Migration Strategy varies from one System to another depending on the Contractual\Statutory requirements, as till what time will the System will hold the data, so that customer can go and enquire about the same.

As per the Industry best practice, the following scenarios are considered for migration-

• Unallocated Legacy Payments
  • Unallocated Legacy Misc. adjustments (Both Dr./Cr)
  • Open Legacy overdue Invoices

Now in your scenario, I think, you have to migrate the cleared items in legacy system as well since Dec'13 apart from the above points.

In your scenario, what you can do is migrate everything from Dec'13 as Open Debit and Open Credit Items and not as cleared items. You can have a separate Mains for Legacy Invoice, Legacy Adjustments and Legacy payments, like CINV, CADJ,CPAY etc.

Once the migration is done, perform an account maintenance run in SAP, which will clear the settle the Open Debit and Credit Items based on the oldest due date and then only the latest Open invoices/Adjustments/Payments will remain outstanding against the account.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abbas,

Migration Strategy varies from one System to another depending on the Contractual\Statutory requirements, as till what time will the System will hold the data, so that customer can go and enquire about the same.

As per the Industry best practice, the following scenarios are considered for migration-

• Unallocated Legacy Payments
  • Unallocated Legacy Misc. adjustments (Both Dr./Cr)
  • Open Legacy overdue Invoices

Now in your scenario, I think, you have to migrate the cleared items in legacy system as well since Dec'13 apart from the above points.

In your scenario, what you can do is migrate everything from Dec'13 as Open Debit and Open Credit Items and not as cleared items. You can have a separate Mains for Legacy Invoice, Legacy Adjustments and Legacy payments, like CINV, CADJ,CPAY etc.

Once the migration is done, perform an account maintenance run in SAP, which will clear the settle the Open Debit and Credit Items based on the oldest due date and then only the latest Open invoices/Adjustments/Payments will remain outstanding against the account.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thanks for the explanation in detailed.

As per the discussion with Client, Billing people are maintaining Historical data since Dec,2013 in a Custom table.so here against that what i have to do?

If you give clear picture on this how to start migration activity it would be great help to me (Means what are the pre-requisite things i need to do before migration at FICA level and What in legacy need to do? Ex: Intesrest, etc....)

Thanks,

Abbas

0 Kudos

Hi Abbas,

Are you looking for a generic overview on the migration activity or specific to your scenario?

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

If you provide specific to me its great help.

Thanks,

Abbas