cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Expected Events from Execution List

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm new to SAP EM and need some support for a running TM-project. In my case the client wishes to have a lean list of expected event for his inbound process. Events like "Loading begin", "Loading end" or "Unloading begin", "Unloading end" is not for interest. All the customer wishes to see in the execution tab is:

"Pick-up"

"Arrival at port or loading"

"Departure"

"Arrival at port of Destination"

"Start clearance"

"Customs declared"

"Proof of delivery" or "delivered to warehouse"

Where can I set up these events and remove the default ones, which are not necessary for the customers process? What would be the best approach for a layman like me? I used all SAP config guides and documentations so far, but couldn't get further.

I appreciate any kind of help

I apologize for this rudimentary approach, but I couldn't help myself so far.

Thanks in advanve

H. Eivazi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Houshyar,

You need to customize the Expected Events extractor and Event Types extractors

1) Expected Events:

IMG -> Integration with Other mySAP.com Components -> Event Management Interface -> Define Application Interface -> Define Used Bus. Proc. Types, Appl. Obj. Types, and Evt Types -> Define Used Business Process Types -> Define Application Object Types.

From the above path select your Application Object and goto your Expected Event extractor. This is where your expected events are built. If you need to add custom, one option is to customize your AO Type and add custom EE extractor.

2) Event Types

IMG -> Integration with Other mySAP.com Components -> Event Management Interface -> Define Application Interface -> Define Used Bus. Proc. Types, Appl. Obj. Types, and Evt Types -> Define Used Business Process Types -> Define Event Types.

Similarly for your events, goto above path and see if your events have event types defined. If not add an Event Type for you event.

You also need to few changes on EM side like expected events profile, define your events, check your EH Type for the new application object types, if you create a new one.

Let us know if you need code snippet and we can provide.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

I checked your path and this look to me that you need to have ABAP knowledge (what I don't have) to go with this way...

Isn't there any other way just to add one more custom event? Is there only this technical way, is it really necessary to enter the extractor?

I have these events in the execution tab and want just add one more (Custom clearance). Is there a more practical way?

I appreciate any help.

Thanks a lot

Houshyar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Houshyar,

Customs Clearance is part of standard extractor provided the document is customs relevant.

For adding custom events from extractor, there will be a little bit coding involved.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

thanks for your reply. I also observed that Custom Clearance is a standard event, but for some reason it does not appear in the listing of the execution tab (see screenshot from previous post). What could be the reason for this?

Thanks

Houshyar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

how can I maintain Event Reason Codes for Unexpected Events like Delay.

The field where I can choose the relevant reason is blank.

Where can I fill it?

Thanks for your support

Houshyar

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can do this via IMG activity "Define Event Reason Codes" in SAP TM (since you are referring to execution tab in TM). You can find this activity under SPRO -> SAP Transportation Management -> Basic Functions -> General Settings.

You have to define your event reason codes and then assign them to the event codes based on your requirements.

Best regards, Daniel

smriti1988
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

Is Reason Code a mandatory field in reporting Unexpected Events ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi, hi Vishnu

thanks a lot for your reliability and your answers so far. The Client doesn't have EM in use currently so I started maintaining AOT Types and defining RFC Connection, logical System.

As mentioned my technical knowledge as well as my EM knowledge is only high Level, I hope you can help me with a kickstart to go through the TM-Project. I'm uncertain about the best starting Point to implement the Clients Events. Following Events should be covered. It's about an inbound delivery process which should be visible in EM, mostly the Report of Events will be entered manually, so there are no Interfaces to external Systems or partners (only Interface to SAP TM).

1. Proof of Pick-up (at supplier site; Pick-up date in SAP TM)

2. Arrival at port of debarkation (approx. 2 days after Event 1)

3. Departure from Port (Sailing date in TM)

4. Arrival at port of Destination (Expected Arrival date in TM)

5. Clear customs (should be finished 10 days after Event 4, otherwise Trigger alert)

There are several more but this should give a slight overview about the process. Of course I don't expect a fully detailed Explanation for config, but if you could tell me where to start for the configuration and which customizing paths are relevant, it would help me a lot.

Thanks a lot

Houshyar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hourshyar,

If you are new SAP EM and SAP TM integration then it is a steep path ahead to finish the project. 

You can refer visibility process scenario to configure in SAP TM and SAP TM.  Copy existing events and Z customize according to your customer requirement, however you will end up enhancements each and every event types which you configure.

I have attached below link where you can scroll and find all relevant which written by our SAP EM and SAP TM consultants.

If you stuck up anywhere on the configuration and issues, then let's know we can help you.

However, if you request step by step it hard to explain everything.

Regards

GGOPP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

thank you very much for the provided Information. I will proceed with the documentations and in case I stuck at a certain Point reach out to you guys again

Thanks so far

Houshyar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Houshyar,

1. The client always go with Z Application Object types and Z Event types (if not, please do not remove SAP standard ones that is not recommended approach because you can refer in future).  If it is Z, then you can go to above configuration path said by Vishnu and remove all Z event types those are not required.

2. Setting up new even types, it is full configuration and little bit tedious job.  Please check below documentations to indepth idea.  You can post questions here when you stuck up on configurations to help you to complete configuration.

SAP TM -> SAP EM configuration:

http://help.sap.com/SCENARIOS_BUS2012/helpdata/EN/CC/EF6891DBCB4CF59ECC8BC77E680528/CG_TM_EM.pdf

Visibility Process in SAP TM -> SAP EM

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0e28eef-7723-2f10-01a2-aef5714a1...

Scenarios of SAP TM -> SAP EM:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10f7f247-0e16-3010-308d-84d8ed79a...

Regards

GGOPII