cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Closure process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have projects which need to be closed. I am aware of all the pre-requisites for closing the project.

We are have only WBS elements in our project and we have to close projects which is unclosed from 15 years. the issue is till 2005 settlement rule was created and settlement is done to PSG. after 2006 for other projects starting from 2007 Settlement rule is not maintained.

What are the steps to be followed to close all these projects if

1. There are commitments on the wbs

2. If there is actual cost on wbs

3 if project cost is on wbs

4. If un utilised budget is still remaining

5  If wbs elements are already settled.( How to find the wbs elements which are already settled)

We are using customer projects which is using sales order and wbs is released and assigned to the sales order line items and after budget approval procurement cycle is done.

I need your suggestions to approach this issue.

regards,

GVK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have calculated WIP and the COS is showing negative value and POC is 100%.

After that when I settle the wbs to cost center i am getting error as

Settlmnt from revenues/debit-side down paymnts to receiver CTR 1110 not allowed.

When I tried to settle to GL account, I am getting error as

GL account xxxxx is not defined in chart of accounts

When I try to settle to order i am able to settle but after that when i am closing the project i am getting error as

1.There is still WIP for WBS

2. WIP in financial accounting is still to be cleared

regards,

GVK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have done the necessary configuration to run RA in OKG5 and I was able to run RA using KKA2,  Now I am trying to settle the top WBS which has status RESA to cost center as PSG is not active , I am getting an error as

Settlmnt from revenues/debit-side down paymnts to receiver CTR 1110 not allowed.

When I tried to settle to GL account I am not able to settle even to GL accounts.

When I try to close the top WBS which has WIP after running RA I am getting error as Balance of wbs is not zero , and these wbs elements I had already settled to cost center.

What is the next process to follow as my main agenda is to close the project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thank you Vikas and Paulo,

I tried to close one of the wbs element it gave an error that commitment exist for wbs , but CJI5 report it shows some commitment values, when I checked GR and IR is already done , I dono from where the commitment value for wbs element is picked.

I have attached the commitment report and also the PO line item wise image please let me know from where the commitment values are picked. Exchange rate for AUD is 35.31.

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi GVK,

If you mark the Final invoice flag on PO master data it should remove the outstanding commitment.

It is the Invoice tab at Item level.

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

There is no provision to mark the final invoice flag in PO, it is greyed out and Delivery complete indicator is also set. I also tried to run RKANBU01 program, but still it dint work.

regards,

GVK

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi GVK,

1. There are multiple versions of RKANBU01 program, so that is one consideration, but I do not believe that is the case.

2. To enable the Final Invoice flag on PO is a customizing for field status.  "Usually" this field is open.

Regards,

Paulo

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi G V K K,

If all this the process is not important. Then goto tcode oba5 change the message to Warning message and close the projects.

Thanking you

Vengaiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr.Vengaiah,

If i am trying to settle the top level WBS in which RA key is maintained , I get errors like

"There is still WIP for WBS"

and also commitments exist on WBS, In my case one of the PO had ordered Qty = 3000

Qty to be delivered = 2000, Invoiced = 1000 so my commitment on wbs is 2000. How to reduce the commitment as Delivery completed indicator is ticked and also i have tried to tick final invoice indicator. whats the process to make my commitment 0.

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi G V K K,

To Which period the project belongs . Is it completed ?

Thanking you

Vengaiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Vengaiah,

The period belongs to 2007 and also this project has RA. There are few commitments on few wbs elements I  need to make this commitment to 0 and proceed further by doing settlement and close the project.

Thank you.

GVK

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi G V K K,

You are saying that this particular project has WIP. When you do TECO to this project and run the Result analysis KKA2. WIP will be credited. Which means it has impact on financials. Please check with Finance team whether they are fine with it.

When is this project completed ?

Thanking you

Vengaiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vengaiah,

I was able to solve he commitment issue in this project , now when I am trying to do KKA2 after TECO I am getting an error as "Assign line ID's for CO with RA key and RA version"

In OKGC I am not able to maintain the configuration as the same COAr and RA key is maintained for status DELV and PREL.

Regards,

GVK

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi G V K K,

You need to maintain this in tcode OKG5.

Thanking you

Vengaiah

0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to Paulo's comments,

First identify, which wbs is marked as account assignment. Fot the account assignment wbs, check if all the PO's are converted to GR/material document. If not, you need to delete/cancel the PR & PO.

Run the RA and check actual cost = plan cost and actual revenue = plan revenue.

and yes at the last settlement is done.

Thankyou.

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to understand first if projects require settlement to COPA or not.  It is a very strange situation not to run COPA settlements if COPA is really used.

Depending on the settings in the settlement profile the settlement is either mandatory or optional requirement to close WBS-elements.

Commitments need to be closed, means canceling PR and changing PO master data to flag final invoice.

Budget has no impact on closing, but that is a process question.  Unused budget can be returned, but I doubt this is the case in that company considering current situation.

It is not clear to me why do you want to identify WBS elements that are settled, you still can attempt to settle everything and where there is nothing to settle it will be ignored.

Regards,

Paulo