Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply X% or X$ discount for second line item

former_member194575
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Need your help on client requirement below.

When an order is is placed with X material it should automatically add Y material and apply X% or X$ discount. Both are completely independent materials.

For example.

M1 - Qty 1

M2 - Qty 1 (Automatically should be added to the order and with discount).

I have tried to put this into exclusive free goods and do some customisation around routine in the pricing procedure but not sure whether that would work correctly or not. Please let me know if any out of the box solution available or how this needs to be customised.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whether this M2 material is chargeable in case of independent purchase?

We can get the free material also with some price if you try around T184 table with usage FREE with default item category as ZTAN(example) instead of TANN with standard...

Pl confirm..

Phanikumar

former_member194575
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Phani. Thanks much for the input.

Yes. M2 material is chargeable in case of independent purchase.

This is what I have done to make this work..Please let me know if there is any other way to get this done.

1. Created Exclusive free goods determination for M1 to give M1 free.

2. Created item category ZTAN for the item usage FREE.

3. Created a new discount condition type and added to pricing proc..

4. Created a condition record with the required discount...

In case of M2 purchase TAN item category is determined. Also discount is being applied in this case. So in the requirement routine of the condition type, have to differentiate it based on the item category or something else. So that discount will not be applied in case of independent purchase.

Please advise if this can be done in a better way...

Thank you !

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In case of M2 purchase TAN item category is determined. Also discount is being applied in this case. So in the requirement routine of the condition type, have to differentiate it based on the item category or something else.

Yes-You can allow this discount condition type based on a requirement created at your pricing procedure  Else You can add this item category as a condition in your discount condition type..(you may be required to add Item category PSTYV as one of the allowed fields in your pricing condition table creations)

I still feel- there are better solutions than this--Let us wait to hear from some other members too..

Phanikumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not clear whether the second material should be added at free of cost in which case, you can consider going for Free of Charge functionality.

On the other hand, if both materials have price, then you can consider Sales BOM functionality

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member194575
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Actually, this promotion would be applicable only for sometime. And both the materials are independent each other.

X material can be ordered alone and Y can be ordered alone.

If X presents on the order, Y should be added automatically and with discount.

Can you please advise BOM would help in this case?