Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPCA

sandeepkarnati
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

We are planning for EHP upgrade,to list out the impact business process we are planning to implement BPCA.

I am trying to run BPCA in the system RS1,i selected EHP option in step 1 and in the step 3 i could not see any recommended support packages under support package name.

Am i missing some thing? could someone guide me.

Do i need to run TBOM before BPCA?

Could someone share document if you have any for configuring BPCA.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

sandeepkarnati
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

Thank you very much for the valuable replays.

Finally able to run SEA.

Result says there are 19 objects where adjustments are needed.How to know what are those objects?

RohanImpey
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

In the top right hand part of your browser there should be a drop down box.

Change from the 'Overview' page to 'Details - Modifications / Custom Developments' and that will take you to a screen with more detail.

sandeepkarnati
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rohan,

I did that...but data is not populating in the table......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep.

Please check the processing log. There you can find all prerequisites. It might lead you where the problem is.

Hope it helps

sandeepkarnati
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

Processing log looks fine.

RohanImpey
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

the BPCA is best used to analyse the impact of changes of importing a change (ie download HR support pack and perform a test import then run the BPCA against the test import.)

The way the BPCA is presented is a bit misleading regarding the scope of its functionality.

The functionality to asses the impact of an Enhancement Package upgrade is contained within the Scope and Effort Analyser (SEA).

You definitely need to have a TBOM generated for the system you are analysing against as this provides a baseline of business functionality that the SEA makes its analysis against.

regards,

Rohan

0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

Yes, You have to create TBOM first before using BPCA. Please activate UPL and create Semi Dynamic TBOMs and the try to run BPCA.

Also  As Jan explained, please use SEA functionality which is specially prepared for implementing EHP or Service packs.

Thanks

Gaurav Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep.

First of all, you always have to ensure that your TBOMs is up to date before you use BPCA. Without TBOM there is no results. You can use semi-dynamic TBOM or simply generate static TBOM, but if you want to be 100% sure you should look for dynamic TBOM options which is more time and resource consuming but for your critical processes well deserved.

Second. To be able to use EHP or Service Stack you have to implement these via maintenance optimizer. But from my experience the sufficient way can also be to provide list of transports after you make your SPAU modifications.

Here are some helpfull links and documentation about BPCA.

SAP Solution Manager WIKI - Test Management - Solution Manager - SCN Wiki

Also I recommend to look on SEA functionality. It is specially prepared for implementing EHP or Service Packs and it might help you to also focus on your custom development rather than focusing only on testing. Take a look if it can help you.

https://support.sap.com/content/dam/library/SAP%20Support%20Portal/support-programs-services/solutio...

And some piece of advice. Also think about your process documentation, especially the structure. BPCA might be helpful for identifying impacted processes but be sure to read it correctly. If you only provide list of transaction result will be only transactions, but if you patiently prepare your business process structure BPCA might greatly help you in reducing costs.

ruth_reilly
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos