cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powerdesigner joins in diagram

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a lot of tables in my design and therefore many joins between them.

I try and ensure they don't cross each other too much (in fact I only have 3 lines crossing so far) so it easy to follow the links.

Unfortunately when adding an additional join/line PowerDesigner has a tendency to move all the lines connected to the object I'm connecting.

Is there someway to lock the lines in place so they stop getting moved around so badly.

Also PowerDesigner itself will sometimes put 2 90degree angles in a line - but I can't work out how to do it myself.

Is there a way I can create more circuitous lines rather than a direct line ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

c_baker
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Under 'Display Preferences/General Settings' for the diagram, have you de-selected 'Automatic Link Routing'?

You can re-route individual links by right click on the link and 'Reroute Link'.

To put angles in a line, hold the 'CTL' key and then click on the line in 2 places.  This will add 'handles' to the line.  Then click and grab a section of line away from the 2 handles you just added and drag the line sideways.  You should have 2 angles now.

To get rid of angles, straighten the line as much as possibl and then CTL and click a 'handle'.  The handles should disappear and the line is now straight.

If you have modifed the 'Display Preferences/Reference' Format tab, Modify, Corners from right angles to another style, the above can help in cleaning things up.  Use the 'Format' menu to align and straighten lines.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's excellent.

Working really well.

Thanks

Answers (0)