cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the user of last change a form is inconsistent between PRD and DEV system

Former Member
0 Kudos

A form changed by our ABAP developer ABC in Development system, and the request be transported to QAS and Production system, but the user name of last change the form is ABC in Development system, DDIC in QAS and Production system. I deem It should also be ABC in QAS and Production system, isn't it?

I am confused with it, Would you please explain it? I appreciate your kindly help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Evan

The DDIC user is always used to import transport requests using the transport management system.

So technically speaking DDIC imports the change of the form into your system (QAS,PROD). Therefor he is set as user who last changed the coding of that particular form.

Reward points if helpful.

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your reply, Changes of other Programms and Customizing are also be transported by user DDIC, but the recorde of last change is the user ID who modified, not the DDIC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

How are you checking the records for last change? That information will be helpful in solving this issue.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

With the t-code se71->enter a name of form->display Header

There are time, user and release of created on and changed on.

The time and user of changed on are the last record.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

I have checked this out. What you have observed is also exisitng in my system. The explalnation is as follows:

When a transport request include a sapscript/form is moved from one system to target system then during method execution phase while transport import is happening a function module AFTER_IMP_FORM is called. It calls a lot of sub routines in turn .

This function module call and subsequent execution is done through DDIC hence hence the last changed user is DDIC.

This actually has got nothing to do with generation because after every import the objects in transport are generated and in cases like table transport the last change user is the actual user and not DDIC. This is something which was rightly pointed out by you.

Deeper code review of AFTER_IMP_FORM suggests that changes are carried out to the form during this function module call and hence DDIC is the last change d user.

I hope this information is useful.

Please award points accordingly.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

I appreciate your help, your answer is useful to me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rao,

Thanks. Please award points if the answer was useful to you.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Answers (0)