cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Security Certificate Exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I'm trying to update Solution Manager 7.1 to it's latest SP stack 14 on a Windows Server 2012 R2, but I'm getting the following error:

I've dowloaded and installed the newest version of Java from it's site which is the 1.8.73, restarted the application server and sapcar a new SUM folder to restart with with no luck whatsoever, the error is the same.

Following the fix from SCN's thread sap java.security.cert.certificateexception cer... | SCN it says I must downgrade my Java version, but I can't find a lower version of what I have right now online

I installed a very old version that I've got hanging around which is the 1.4.2_42 but when I  try to downgrade the 1.8.73 for this one I can't see it

Please help me.

Thanks in advance,

Pedro Gonçalves

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ImtiazKaredia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I faced same problem. I uninstalled JAVA 1.8 and Installed old java version (1.6.0_37) and it worked fine. This is issue with 1.8 version

Thanks

Imtiaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imtiaz,

And where can I find that version to download.

Cause my problem lies in that

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pedro,

Take a look at the following URL:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/archive-139210.html

BR,

João Dimas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello João,

Thanks I was able to download the version 6. I'm going to try that later anf get back to you.

Thanks,

Pedro Gonçalevs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry John, but downgrading my Java version from 8 to 6 doesn't seem to help, I get the exact same error with Java 1.6 u37

Do you have any other suggestion ?

Thanks,

Pedro Gonçalves

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

I believe there is a problem with the latest patch (10) for the SP14 version! Yesterday I faced the same error when I tried to start the SUM tool... therefore the only advice that I have to you is a workaround not a definitive solution, try to use other patch, for example the patch 9 for the SP14 version. It works in my case.

BR,

João Dimas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Indeed John, the problem was that patch 10.

I had a patch 04 for SUM10SP14 laying around my things, and I was able to overcome the error.

Thanks John.

Hope this post will be helpful to others and at the same time will warn SAP to this problem with the patch 10 for SUM10SP14.

Answers (0)