cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sybase IQ Control Center and SAP IQ Cockpit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you know why there is two products offered for thin client monitoring of Sybase? Control Center and IQ Cockpit appears to have the same purpose.

Why are they still both being offered in parallel?

Is there a dependency on each when you acquire a Sybase product? or can I install a Sybase with only Control Center or only IQ Cockpit?

Regards,

Joan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tayeb_hadjou
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Joan,

For SAP IQ 16, IQ Cockpit is the recommended. It is designed for IQ and maintained to support new features of IQ 16 SP08 and upper versions.

However, if you need use one single tool to manage IQ 15.x, IQ 16 and other SAP servers like SAP ASE, then use SCC.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2096301

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2036240

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hadjou!

We are currently in Sybase IQ 16.0 SP10

So it means we have two options right:

a. we can just install iq cockpit, no need to install Control Center. No risk since functionality is the same, just have additional features?

b. install SCC, although downside is, the IQ 16 SP08 features will not be utilized.

How about these, would there be a risk if we install the two? or it does not make a sense to do that?

In 2036240, it says "In case of monitoring the DB system of all enterprise-level data centers, you install SAP Control Center. However, if you want to use the new features of SP08, you must install the SAP IQ Cockpit." - You can still do monitoring of the DB system of all enterprise-level DC in Cockpit just like in SCC?

Regards,

Joan

tayeb_hadjou
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

a- You can install only IQ cockpit. No risk to miss a functionality.

b- Also, No installation conflicts, if you decide to install both, start ONLY IQ Cockpit service to save resources.

In case you need test SCC for whatever reason (compare, a problem with cockpit), you just need start SCC service. It uses a different ports.

IQ Cockpit is only for IQ. So it does not support other Db systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see, thanks! I had hard time looking for the reason on having both this two tools in iq. thanks for the clarification.

I thought both scc and iq cockpit supports Sybase iq db only.. do you know why they limit the scope of cockpit? though I don't see how our group would use cockpit for the other db types yet for now

tayeb_hadjou
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I thing because Cockpit requires a customized metadata and config, not just a simple plugin.

There is DBA Cockpit for SAP ASE DB Applications.

For ASE, in non-SAPapplication see KBA 1593987 for example.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks al lot! we will use cockpit then

Answers (0)