cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA SYSTEM HOST RENAME

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello , I need to rename my HANA SYSTEM from hostname.old to hostname.new and I am using hdblcm tools for that however , I am not sure if I have to manually rename the system hostname before running hdblcm? if yes, i assume HANA DB will not start .

Can someone provide any insight with there past experience here.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amurya,

You can check below link.

Considerations About Renaming HANA Node Hostname | SCN

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already checked the link, it does not mention any preparations activies required before renaming the host/SID on same host.

Please advice as when I run the rename option from.hdblcmgui is asks for  target host and I am trying to rename the same host where I am running the hdblcmgui.

Regards,

jgleichmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amurya,

you can run hdblcm for renaming before you rename the servername. But the hostname resolution must work => /etc/hosts or DNS entry.

Master Guide HANA:

"Host names specified in this manner must be resolvable during installation time as well as when SAP HANA is in operation. This is achieved, for example, by adding an <ip> <hostname> line to the operating system file /etc/hosts that contains the hostname-to-IP address mappings for the TCP/IP subsystem."

Please notice:

"If you rename an SAP HANA system, this usually invalidates the permanent SAP license. A temporary license is installed, and must be replaced within 28 days. For more information, see Related Information."

Prerequisites:

• You are logged in as root user.
  • The SAP HANA system has been installed with the SAP HANA database lifecycle manager (HDBLCM).
  • The SAP HANA database server is up and running. Otherwise, inconsistencies in the configuration occur.

=> Rename an SAP HANA System Host - SAP HANA Administration Guide - SAP Library

For more details please read the HANA manuals.

Regards,

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jens. It worked as expected and I renamed hostname after the rename of SID.

Answers (0)