Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy - PO 7.4

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

We are currently migrating from PI7.01 to PO 7.4 SP11 single stack.

The plan is to go live by phases. So, some interfaces will be running in old version and some running in new version.

We have only one ECC system to test.

My question is with respect to following Outbound and Inbound Proxies.

1. How do i make sure that the outbound extract program goes to PO and not to PI and how do i configure based on interfaces. There may be 5 outbound proxy interfaces where 2 of them needs to go PO and remaining PI.

2. Similar for inbound proxy, what adapter should i use and how to configure.

Regards

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

Thanks for the link.

Although the link talks about connecting both the systems into one ECC, it still doesn't answer my requirement.

If i have 10 interfaces which is already live in PI 7.01, I need 5 of them to be going via PO7.4 and remaining 5 in old version.

How do i achieve this without writing a single code in the outbound extract program ?

Regards

Sam

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

How do i achieve this without writing a single code in the outbound extract program ?

AFAIK this is not possible, and if you think about this problem how could the abap code know the IS to send the message if you don't change the code?, inside the sproxy objects you don't have any reference to determine that interface is taken from one or another IS, for this reason i think it is not possible. Anyway, we can wait for more opinions

Regards.

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

I agree with Iñaki: application programs that call outbound proxies, don't have tight coupling to specific PI/PO Integration Servers. Application layer (program that calls an outbound proxy interface) is abstracted from integration layer (proxy runtime). Target Integration Server determination is done by proxy runtime based on combination of factors and application program is normally indifferent about which Integration Server will process corresponding request. This is the entire concept of application and integration layers segregation, so that application logic shall not take care or get involved in integration logic.

Refer to SAP Note 1334174, it contains details on how to configure outbound proxies to send messages to multiple PI/PO Integration Servers based on sender interface. And this is all about customization in ECC's local Integration Engine (sender/receiver definition in tx. SXMSIF / SXMB_ADM and specification of interface-specific IS_URL parameter in tx. SXMS_IECONF / SXMB_ADM), you don't need to code anything.

Regards,

Vadim

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

Is there any reason why I can't use soap sender SOAP1.1 protocol rather than xi3.0 protocol.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Proxy Interfaces supports XI 3.0 protocol only,because this protocol is designed for Proxy Runttimes.

And Soap protocol is used for Soap based webservices.

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim

Another question is that post migration, do i still need to configure sender receiver for all interfaces or will it be just like generic is_url one?

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

After you complete migration of all interfaces to a new PI system and will have no necessity in running any of them on an old PI system, you can generalize IS_URL by using it without sub-parameters and pointing to a new PI system. Having done so, you may delete interface-specific IS_URL entries since they will become superfluous (all outbound proxy calls will anyway be routed to a new PI system using default Integration Server referred in IS_URL without sub-parameters).

Regards,

Vadim

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

My two cents on this as this past year we migrated from dual stack 7.11 to single stack 7.4.  As Vadim mentioned there are notes describing how you can direct individual interfaces to different integratoon servers but we chose to flip all or none instead of splittin.  The risk with splitting if there is some error is you may get duplicates or missing messages whereas in the all or none scenario you can easily flip back to the old server if you discover a big problem when you flip the switch.  What we did for strategy was do our HR system first as sort of a trial because our ECC system has a lot more integration. 

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan

Thanks for your inputs. Due to timeline, we have the option to go only  by phases.

Also, if we specify the runtime IS url for individual interfaces, i don't see any risk of generating two messages to two integration servers.  Did you face any tlike this during the migration?

Regards

Sam

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

We did not face that risk during our migration because we planned our phases out accordingly and each set of proxy interfaces from a back-end system were done in an all or none fashion for the outbound direction (inbound of course does not have to be so carefully planned).  We have systems like SCM that receive transactional data via proxy from ECC and if those transactions were duplicated because of two integration servers that could've thrown all the planning data out of whack.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

1. How do i make sure that the outbound extract program goes to PO and not to PI and how do i configure based on interfaces. There may be 5 outbound proxy interfaces where 2 of them needs to go PO and remaining PI.

You can refer the Link shared by Inaki,thats the correct one for sending across multiple ECC systems.

2. Similar for inbound proxy, what adapter should i use and how to configure.

For inbound and outbound proxies,Soap channel with XI 3.0 protocol should be configured.

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

Is there any reason why we can't use SOAP 1.1 protocol rather than XI3.0 protocol for outbound interface?

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

If i understand right your quiestion you wan to connect your ECC system with two different PI's. May be this blog could help you:

Another solution, i don't like so much is to do the connection with PI, in one of them manually in the ECC, i mean instead of connect via sproxy, you can import/export the wsdl in the ECC to do the connection with PI, you would have to do the sender side in PI with the SOAP channel and to take its wsdl, in this connection you will use in ECC a connection via webservice runtime despite of abap proxy, i mean like you connect the ECC with a web service without PI, however your PI will be like an external web service.

Regards.