Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating dataset on BW - hangs on "Acquisition completed"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

taking my first steps in Lumira (1.29), but not getting past the first hurdle

I connected to my BW query, selected a very limited number of dimensions & key figures and choose 'create".

He seems to go through the different phases, but he keeps hanging on "Acquisition completed" for forever (the bar keeps moving, but nothing happens, buttons stay greyed out):

It seems that he has collected data, because i can see in the bar at the bottom that records seem to have been fetched

When i close Lumira (only thing i can do, no other way to stop this "acquistion completed" screen) he ask me if i want to save the document. When i do save it, later reopen Lumira and then try to open the document, the same thing seems to happen: he tries to open, but nothing happens.

I tried this with several queries and made sure my dataset had not that many records as a result, but all had the same issue.

Any ideas on what i might be doing wrong?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom - to clarify, are you using 1.29.3?  Are you using the Lumira BW query extension - see ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

* I am on 1.29.3 desktop client, standard edition (from the 30 day free trial)

* I did activate the extension as shown in your blog

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom - this SAP Note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2249371 reports a similar issue; are you using a different language (other than English) while trying to do this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the note, not sure why i dind't came up when i searched for it.

We do have a different operating system language (dutch) but unfortunately i don't have english installed so i can't quickly test it. Seems like a good candidate for being the root cause of my issue though

Former Member
0 Kudos

After having OS language switched to English, it works as expected/desired. Tnx Tammy!

Hope SAP comes up with a solution quickly, becasue this means we can't use Lumira at our company

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

alon_kanat
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting similiar experience running Lumira 1.30 with a Windows 7 and my OS language is English.

I see a massage "semantic enrichment is skipped based on your preferances".

I can't access the preferances page, it soesn't work.

Any ideas on what i might be doing wrong?

Thanks

Alon

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alon - this is a closed thread; please create a new thread with more details, and a screen shot (use the camera icon to upload an image)