cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how we can migrate j2ee developments ( adapter and modules) 7.3 to 7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are migrating from PI 7.3 (dual stack ) to 7.4 (single stack).

I wanted to know how we can migrate j2ee developments ( adapter and modules) which were developed by previous company and we dont have the relevant information for same.

In the application server of PI i can find the relevant jar files ,but dont know
1.how to download those jar files (i tried using sxda_tools but not working)
2.how to convert jar files to format deployable in pi

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Naveen Tripathi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Adapter Framework API of 7.4 is compatible with 7.3, and they both are running on Java 1.6, so you will not need to to adopt coding of custom adapters and adapter modules.

Unfortunately, JAR files retrieved from PI application server will not be sufficient, since deployable units of adapters and adapter modules contain metafiles (like deployment descriptors, etc.), which are not a part of JAR file content. So, you need to get corresponding EAR files which were deployed on the PI system, to remain consistent and be able to deploy them to a new PI system. Otherwise, you will need to reverse-engineer and develop EAR projects manually, creating metafiles from scratch and building necessary deployable units.

As for downloading JAR files from an application server, you can either ask Basis team to get them for you, or use SFTP/FTP access to application server (if these services are running there), or enable specific directories listing in NWA and list/download files via browser (refer to blog )

Regards,

Vadim

Answers (0)