cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defect Recording with more options in Confirmation Profile?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir

I want to ask about Confirmation Profile (and Report Type) in case of Defect Recording in discrete manufacturing.

User requirement is to have more options and dimensions while recording a defect for a material. Like in normal case, we have Defect Type, Location, Cause, Activity, Assembly and Valuation possible in confirmation profile. But if it is needed to produce more dimensional data like defect type, defect location, defect zone, environment condition, inspector name, etc and we produce catalog type for each of the dimension. How to include them in Confirmation Profile? Is it possible to customize Confirmation Profile?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think with customization this is possible. However you should check the feasibility with ABAP. That would be a challenging task though !

Few questions and suggestions from my side,

1. Do you want the extra details to be added per defect code wise? (Line Item wise?). Elaborately I would say that inspector name could be a header data and is common to all the line items
  2. Hence instead of accommodating it as individual line item in notification you can insert it at the header. Anyhow there is a provision for entering this when you create notification via QA32.
  3. Similarly try to figure out rest of the details / fields how many of them can be made as a part of header data.
  4. And I guess creating a custom or extra data entry field at the header is comparatively easier than line items.

Anand