cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

message id for given idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have one IDoc generated in Ecc, how to check the corresponding message id and xml file name for that idoc in PI, thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A great deal already has been said. However I'll take the liberty to add my 2¢ about this

You are talking about outbound (ECC is sending system) IDocs.

• If you have dual stack PI, go to IDX5 on PI system and search via IDoc Number
  • If you have single stack PI, go to IDoc Monitoring (<PI host>:<port>/pimon --> Monitoring --> Adapter Engine --> IDoc Adapter Monitoring) and search via IDoc Number

In both cases you will get the message ID, which is the primary key for PI when dealing with your IDoc.

Regarding your need to get the "xml file name"... I'm not sure I'm following. As IDoc is asynchronous it's (normally) persisted on PI for a defined time range. This persistance is done within the database. So there's no "xml file name". Please come back to clarify If I got you wrong.

Thanks and cheers

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

for one idoc, my identification field is blank, no message id, may i know why? other idoc are ok.

for inbound Idoc, how to find xml file (sent by third party) and message ID mapping?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Jolin,

Like I have mentioned above, you can get the message ID from Control records of the IDoc. The screenshots I have shared are for inbound IDoc only.

for one idoc, my identification field is blank, no message id > Not sure why, this is rare.

Hope your queries are answered. If so please close the thread.

And of course award points too.

Regards

Bibek

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ok, so you're talking inbound IDoc (ECC is receiver system) now?

In that case Bibek already gave a simple solution. The more sophisticated approach was already given by Vadmin.

Up to you how you assign your points but either of them should be marked "helpful" IMHO.

[EDIT]

About your xml file name: Assuming then you have 3rd Party (FTP/File) --> PI --> ECC (IDoc). You'll need to fetch the file name using ASMA in sender File / FTP adapter. It then depends what you wanna do with the filename. You could map it to your payload (assuming you have a Z IDoc or could use a field in the standard IDoc for that) or you could simply have it in PI for reference. Not sure if you could query within PI for ASMA data.

Cheers

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear expert,

we have system As2-PT1-PP1, we are using As2 connection, PT1 is the PI system, PP1 is ECC system

in We02, the message ID for inbound IDoc is listed in detail tab, but I don't want this message ID, since it is from PT1 to PP1.

I want correlation ID which is used from As2 to PT1, where can I find this correation ID in the idoc or there are other ways? thanks

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Would have been nice if you had stated that situation at the very beginning. 3 people now spent time to gave answers that only particularly matched your situation.

That being said: You should check TREX / UDMS (depending on your PI Version)

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3161168

Configuring User-Defined Message Search - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

Cheers

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Would have been nice if you had stated that situation at the very beginning. 3 people now spent time to gave answers that only particularly matched your situation.

That sucks doesn't it!

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jolin,

You may correlate IDoc in PI with corresponding IDoc in ECC by transaction ID (TID). Correlation by IDoc number will only work for ECC outbound IDocs (in that case, IDoc number generated by ECC, is reused by PI), but not for ECC inbound IDocs (in that case, ECC generates an IDoc number by its own and IDoc number in ECC will be different from IDoc number in PI).

Transaction ID can be looked at ECC in IDoc status record details:

• for ECC outbound IDoc, in status record for status '03';
  • for ECC inbound IDoc, in status record for status '50'.

Maybe one of easiest ways to get this, is to retrieve it from a table: table EDIDS (IDoc status records), filter by IDoc number (field 'DOCNUM') and corresponding status (field 'STATUS') - transaction ID will be found in a field 'TID'.

Assuming IDoc persistence is enabled in your PI system, you can then navigate to IDoc Monitor and search by transaction ID (select advanced select options and 'Transaction ID' will be one of filter criteria there). For the given transaction ID, you will get the corresponding IDoc number in PI, and from IDoc details shown in IDoc Monitor, you can also get corresponding message ID or get forwarded into Message Monitor for this message from a tab 'IDoc Message Details' for the selected IDoc in IDoc Monitor.

If IDoc persistence is not enabled in your PI system, then you will have to search for corresponding message by going through audit logs of messages in Message Monitor:

• for ECC outbound IDocs, corresponding IDoc number will be indicated is audit log of a message in PI;
  • for ECC inbound IDocs, corresponding transaction ID will be mentioned in audit log of a message in PI.

Regards,

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jolin,

In ECC goto IDoc Monitor (Tx: WE02/WE05) select IDoc > IDoc Details > EDI Archive Key.

Alternatively select IDoc > Display Control Record >Details > Identification. The alphanumeric value is the corresponding PI Message ID.

From this Message ID you can find the processed file name in PI message monitoring.

Thanks

Bibek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunatelly, the identification field for outbound is empty? so how to identify the message id.

also after finding message id, how would I retrieve xml file name and path for that idoc? i don't want the content of xml, I only want file name.

part of my sample xml file below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<DELVRY03>

<IDOC BEGIN="1">

<EDI_DC40 SEGMENT="1">

<TABNAM/>

<DIRECT/>

<IDOCTYP>DELVRY03</IDOCTYP>

is this EDIFACT or X.12? I mean the edi standard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jolin,

Like I've explained above, please login to the ECC system, goto Tx: WE02 / WE05. Select the IDoc and goto control record. In Control Record details,you can find the Message ID in Details Tab.

Copy this message id and search the same in PI Message Monitoring. This shall give you the corresponding PI message and from thereon you can find the Filename.

Cheers

Bibek

sahithi_moparthi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to IDOC monitoring -> Give IDOC number -> then you can find the corresponding Message ID for that message.

Using timestamp also you can track message ID.