Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 3.0 Transaction & Layout Variants

former_member327092
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have different versions of flavors created for MIGO Transaction. We do not need all the columns in the MIGO Transaction. We can go into SAP GUI and from the Table configuration create a new variant and hide all the fields that are not required. Set this as a Basic setting. This will reflect in the Personas screens.

Please provide insights on the below -

1) Is this a right way of doing this?

2) How can I transport these from Dev to Q from MIGO Transaction?

3) What are the best approaches for setting up variants for Personas transactions?

4) If some other users change this basic setting then it would affect the Personas screen table columns.

5) How can we set the visible rows of this transaction to more than 10? Currently I can see only 3 in my screen. I have set the maxrows property for the table in the editor but that does not help.

Regards,

Nagarajan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

1. Yes. Having variants actually also helps with performance as described in our performance optimization guide and makes flavor development simpler since you don't have to deal with those hidden columns.

2. Table variants are in DB table TCVIEW so R3TR TABU in a transport request will work. If you made the variants the default, those are assigned to user    .TCADMIN.

3. I don't think there is a "best approach" since it depends on what you want to do. I'd suggest creating variants as needed, eventually not just system-wide default ones but user-specific variants too which will be assigned to the proper users as their individual default. This is useful if there cannot be just one "one size fits all" variant defined for a table control that suits everyone. This KB article will help in variant assignment (even though it is found in the Personas 2.0 area, the backend handling is still valid).

4. Yes, there's not much that can be done here, except maybe restricting table variant manipulation via authorizations.

5. Increasing the table row count won't work because Unified Rendering doesn't support it yet. You can only decrease the number of lines via the maxrows property of the table.

0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

I have a follow question from this discussion,

I have a large group of users using Transaction IW28, each user have 3 variants for this t-code.

**********_01 to *********_03 were ********* is the UserID that i have taken from 'session.info.user'

is there a way of calling a variant along with the t-code?

& also the best way to capture if the variant does not exist?

Many Thanks,

Dan.