cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afaria SP9 - Admin GUI crash after installing .Net Hotfixes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

We have BIG problems with the Admin GUI after Installing Microsoft Hotfixes on the Afaria Server....

Yesterday we have installed the Microsoft Hotfixes on the Afaria Server. Before we have do this... there was no problem with Afaria... after installation, we are able to connect to the Afaria Admin...

But if we click on "Devices" or "Profiles" or on "Cofigure" in the Server Tab... the Admin will crash with a Error in the /Afaira/ Page. After reloading the Afaria Admin, we can go to the Error (xx Errors in last 24h) and see there the following Entries (for each crash):

Does anyone have any idea why this may be?

What we have try at this Time:

- Reinstalling Afaira Service Host and AdminUI

But the result is the same!

Regards

Gianni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gianni,

The random crashing in the Admin UI might not be caused by the Microsoft hotfixes, but I assume there was a server reboot involved? It's possible that the Afaria API finished booting up faster than the Afaria server service did, which would cause random pages in the Admin UI to crash because they weren't all loaded fully.

One thing you could try to do is to set the Afaria API Service to a delayed start in Windows Services and then restart all Afaria services. See http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2253862 for details. I have this configured in my 2008R2 environment and have not run into this issue.

I hope that helps! If not, look in the Event Viewer Application logs for associated errors. Those could provide more detail than what you see in the server logs.

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg

Yes, after install we must reboot the server... i will try the KB entry and give a update later today...

Regards

Gianni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg

We have make the changes from KB 2253862 after reboot, the Admin GUI work's normaly...

Thanks for your Help...

Gianni

Answers (0)