Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem scheduling XS job in SPS10

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I'm trying to schedule XS jobs in one of our new SPS10 environments.  I have much experience and success with this in SPS8 however I'm getting a very generic error when attempting to save my XS job in SPS10:  "Error: Save Job Failed.  Detailed error message not available".

I have changed configuration so that SCHEDULER is enabled and have restarted XSENGINE service.  The user I'm trying to save the job with has the following roles;

sap.hana.xs.admin.roles::JobAdministrator
sap.hana.xs.debugger::Debugger
sap.hana.xs.lm.roles::Administrator

No success.  I have even tried adding ALL available roles to the user as a temporary test and it still failed.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Patrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

if it's true that you have temporarily added "all system roles" to the user (the _SYS_BIC user need rights as well - see http://scn.sap.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/102-62719-1-667855/image_2.png) and if the xsengine traces do not contain more detailed information I do recommend to open up an incident ticket / sap support request for this.

Best regards,

Tobias

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lucas, there is an entry in xsengine trace that says;

2016-02-19 09:23:21.031511 i TraceContext     TraceContext.cpp(00923) : UserName=, ApplicationName=sap.hana.xs.selfService.user, ApplicationSource=/sap/hana/xs/selfService/user/db/iniParams.xsodata/parameters('login_screen_background_image')

[31031]{31031}[-1/-1] 2016-02-19 09:23:21.031484 e XSRequestHandler RequestHandler.cpp(00787) : exception  1: no.2  (XSEngine/Util/ConnectionPool.cpp:139)

could not create db connection, sql connection configuration sap.hana.xs.selfService.user::selfService is deactivated

exception throw location:

But I am not using self service user so I'm puzzled about this.  Do I need self service user in SPS10 to schedule XS jobs?

Tobias, I have indeed create a message with SAP and waiting for feedback, thanks.  Let me check out your link.

Thanks,

-Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

was there already a solution provided by SAP which solves your issue?

Thanks,

Tobias

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

I'm still working with SAP trying to get them system dump of diagnosis files.  I did check _SYS_REPO as you suggested but I had already given them the two roles that you mentioned so unfortunately didn't resolve it.

Thanks,

-Patrick

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Guys you will probably never believe this but my issue was the password being used.  I found out that it was the special character % that was causing the issue on the web based xs admin console screen.  The password I was using worked fine when logging into studio but caused this issue on web.  I only discovered this by accident when another co worker was able to schedule the job much to my befuddlement since we had exact same roles.  I could even copy his user and try to schedule and it didn't work until I picked a different special character.  I had used % character in many other passwords scheduled XS jobs but found that certain arrangements would always fail and others were successful.  It turns out there is actually a blurb in security guide about special characters needing to be enclosed in quotes which I'm not entirely understanding the syntax or work around.  At any rate I tried using other special characters with success even though guide says only underscore doesn't require quotes around it.

-Patrick

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lucas_oliveira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrcik,

Have you checked what's in the xsengine traces?

Regards,

Lucas de Oliveira