cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass Object result to BEx Query in WebI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have built a scenario, where I want to combine 3 data sources with BO BI 4.1 SP7.

1. BW BEx Query

2. Oracle 11g

3. SQL Server 2012

The BEx Query and the Oracle DB hold business data from two different companys. The information on the SQL Server DB is used as a mapper to combine the two other data sources.

This scenario worked fine with Data Federation / Multisource Universe and relational approach in IDT where I build one single universe.

However, I also need to test how things work when I use a BICS connection on my BEx Query and combine this with a Universe (holding data from Oracle and SQL Server) in WebI.

Therefore I wanted to pass an Object from my relational Universe to the BEx Query in WebI 'Use Object from other Query' and merge the two results.

Is it possible to pass an object from an other query to a BEx Query in WebI?

Regards

Florian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Result from other query" feature is disabled when webi report query is based on the BICS. This is the default behaviour.

You can pass the result of Webi query (based on BICC) to  universe based query.In your case you can pass the result of bex based webi query to your universe query.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

Thanks for your reply. I'll give this a shot and let you know how I did.

Florian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

I tested the scenario where I pass an object to my universe query and it worked. Even though this is not very suitable for my case, thats how it can be done.

Thanks & regards

Florian