SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC Not calculating Previous invoices until make the payment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am encountering a issue, scenario is

I have 4 Months outstandings

ex: January month....Rs.100

February month..Rs.100

March................RS.100

April..................Rs.100

In order to Month end activity,If i tried to run February interest through FPINTM1 transaction code, its not calculating LPC for previous invoices but if the consumer made the payment in June month its calculating LPC in next invoice (Including previous all invoices ). I am not understating how system is behavior.

Suggest me why it is not calculating LPC every month previous invoices?

Thanks,

ABBAS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abbas,

There can be many reasons why the interest run executed in Feb is not calculating and posting any LPC.

(a) Check if you have configured any tolerance days for the interest key. This is one of the reason, the OI's are not being picked up in the FPINTM1 run in the first place.

(b) Check if you have mainatined any interest frequency against the interest key.This also determines,when the interest will get calculated.

(c) Have you configured any min. debit amt for interest in SPRO. This can possibly be another reason where in the interest calculated is not meeting the min debit amt settings when you are executing it in

Feb interest run.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abbas,

There can be many reasons why the interest run executed in Feb is not calculating and posting any LPC.

(a) Check if you have configured any tolerance days for the interest key. This is one of the reason, the OI's are not being picked up in the FPINTM1 run in the first place.

(b) Check if you have mainatined any interest frequency against the interest key.This also determines,when the interest will get calculated.

(c) Have you configured any min. debit amt for interest in SPRO. This can possibly be another reason where in the interest calculated is not meeting the min debit amt settings when you are executing it in

Feb interest run.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thanks for your reply,

As per your mail i have maintained the below settings in SPRO, It would be great if you share where i did wrong?

I                               Min Dr/cr Amounts

Interest Slabs

0 Kudos

Hi Abbas,

When you are executing the interest run,FPINMTM1 in February, are you not getting any reason in the application logs.If you are choose the problem class as 'additional information' and execute the interest run for the same, you should get some info from the logs as to why the interest is not getting calculated.

Thanks,

Amlan

rahul_paldiwal2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello  Shaik,

Check at the time of running interest that you have ticked only the cleared items. If yes the interest will be calculated only once the payment is received.

Regards,
Rahul

0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for your reply, i am using All Items radio button and Debit Items only.

Thanks,

abbas

0 Kudos

Hi Abbas,

Check the logs system will provide you the information why interest isn't calculated.

As Amlan said run the job by selecting the additional information under tab logs

thanks,

Vikram

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan/Vikram,

Now LPS is getting calculated fine FPINTM1.

The issue is when invoice is getting generated it is not fetching the Interest documents.I am not sure why it is happening few invoices fetchoing interest documents and few not fetching in invoice.

Any suggestins?

Thanks,

Abbas

0 Kudos

Hi Abbas,

Have you checked this thread-

Interest document not included as an open item ... | SCN

I think the scenario is the same.Can you check it once

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thaks for your reply , i have checked in In

a) Check if you have configured any tolerance days for the interest key. This is one of the reason, the OI's are not being picked up in the FPINTM1 run in the first place.

IMG--> SAP Utilities --> Invoicing --> Invoice Processing --> Item Selection in Invoicing --> Item Selection in Account Maintenance/ Define Sub-Items

Here  maintained Interval Days for due date 30 Days.Due to the cause few documents not fetching in invoice. Resolved now.

Thanks,

Abbas