cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating BO Reports in NWBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can create a link in my role in PFCG, which links to my Business Objects report via OpenDocument.

The link looks something like this:

http://<BOCMC>?iDocID=M1MW5IQACmajACsDHgAASVkIAqwUFQoAAAA&sIDType=CUID

This link works fine, in that it launches Business Objects, and my report appears.

However, every time the link is clicked, a new browser window is opened, and the report opens in that window. I want it to open in the content area rather.

I've tried the menu settings:

Standard : opens in new window

In Application Window / Tab : opens in new window

Standalone : opens in new window

Any ideas on how I can get the report to open in the application window ?

I have sample (empty) web links elsewhere in the menu, and they open in the content window, so it seems to be something particular to Business Objects.

SSO is currently NOT configured, so I am prompted to login ... not sure if this could be causing the problem.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Henk,

I have just tested this (with a BO Dashboard).

This appears to be application-specific. I cannot speak for the BO colleagues, but often, the application queries what client it is in.

If it is in a specific client (eg Portal client), then it triggers an action / behaviour.

If it has not been programmed to recognize the client, then it may trigger a default behaviour.

ie the behaviour comes from the application. If I were you, I would post this as a feature request - either in the relevant SCN forum, or through your user group - or both ;-).

Sorry we can't help,

Best wishes,

Julie R Plummer.

(SAP BC Product Management)

henk_verdaasdonk4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you in between refresh the cache? It should not be needed because if you save the role the new time stamp should invalidate the cache. But I also had an issue before which was solved with clearing cache.

If you user the NWBC Client you can reset cache with <CTRL> <Upper left icon>. You then get a menu and you should follow the path: Help --> Extended supportibility --> clean up (while holding <CTRL>.  There you can clear several caches.

If you use a browser you can delete the server cache with report: NWBC_DELETE_MENU_CACHE

Good luck,

Henk.