cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTPEx: 421 Failed to access home and root directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

We have  a scenario File to proxy. I am  facing the following error in communication channel monitoring.

"FTPEx: 421 Failed to access home and root directory.'. For details, contact your FTP server vendor."

So, whenever PI reads the file in source directory /out , as soon as getting loaded ino ECC but the thing is,  source file failed to archive in  /in/archive folder.

In ftp server , path would be like

C:\gem>out>

source_file.dat

C:\gem>in>

archive (folder)

---------------------------------

What I wanted is, once file processing is done at source directory,file should be placed in archive directory automatically

Please advise.

Thanks,

Gopi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi

The value configured for the archive directory might be incorrect. The directory path you mentioned has a drive letter (C:\) which is Windows-styled but the archive directory do not have the drive letter which makes in Unix-styled.

Make sure the directory name is consistent with the file system.

Best way to check what's the correct directory names is to log in using Filezilla.

Regards

Eng Swee

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To add more the directory of windows should look like below

C:\FIFA 13\Support

And also ensure you have proper roles to read and write files.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

Finally issue has been resolved now. I have got the root and home directory by navigating in ftp client -Filezilla.

C:\  root directory with mount point '/'

Thanks,

Gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

But still I am facing error in the channel.

In windows, I have 3 directories for a user.

1)source file  test.dat  is located in the path C:\FIFA\out

2)The same file is to be archived in C:\FIFA\out\archive folder after processing.

3) there is another directory C:\FIFA\in  where files arrive from ECC

So , First I am confused in setting of root directory  '/' which is to be configured in source ftp adapter.  Suppose if I set the path C:\FIFA\out  as root directory '/' , ith throws an error.

Please advise on how to configure path at adapter leve.l 

former_member213558
Active Participant
0 Kudos

please do as mentioned below.

Question 1&3

Question 2.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

• In FTP server set the home directory as C:\FIFA
  • In the channel source directory as /out
  • Archive directory as /out/archive
  • In the receiver channel target directory as /in

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks for you help.

Error appearing in the channel once if we set the path as per your snapshot.  In our case, adapter accepts the Mount point directories. In WarFTP, I set the root directory as C:\FIFA\in  So, files are successfully arriving from ECC to '/' directory via Receiver ftp adapter.

Meanwhile, in the source adapter would also be able to read the file and reaches into ECC but  failed to archive in  /archive directory

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi

My guess is you are using WarFTP to setup an FTP server on a Windows computer.

Have you tried accessing the server via an FTP client like Filezilla. Try doing that and try navigating around to see how the directory structure looks like. This might give you an idea of how PI as a client would behave when logging into the server and traversing the directory structure.

If you have issues reading/writing file from PI. Try first to manually upload/download/rename/delete using Filezilla to see if it is related to permissions issue.

Regards

Eng Swee