Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Configuration in SAP PO 7.4 Single Stack

rubanprasanth_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have followed One of the Michals popular blog  to create Alert Configuration.

I have created an alert rule, enable the PO system to send e-mails and schedule the alert consumer job as told in the blog.

But i am getting the following error when Job Completes ( Also no mail is getting triggered ) :                                                                                                                                                    

javax.mail.MessagingException: Exception reading response;

nested exception is:

java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

Job.onJob() execution finished with errors (caused by job)

Regards,

Ruban.S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

nidhi_srivastava22
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try to check the SMTP details with your basis team. They will provide the correct details and check the connection with them.

This is connection issue, once it is established mail will be triggered.

Thanks,

Nidhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruban,

As per the error log, SMTP connection could not be established. Please check the below configuration or better ask your BASIS team to configure it for you.

PI NWA > Configuration > Infrastructure > Java System Properties > Services > Java Mail Client

Here configure SMTP specific properties.

Regards

Bibek

rubanprasanth_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Bibek,

All the above mentioned parameters are maintained Correctly.

But still with the same error.

Regards,
Ruban.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruban,

Like Nidhi mentioned below, please check with your BASIS team regarding the SMTP parameters. I suspect connection is not being set up with the SMTP server.

Thanks

Bibek

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

this is clearly a connection issue.

Make sure the SMTP server details are maintained in the alert configuraiton are correct.

Also check the points mentioned by Varun.

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There's some problem with your SMTP server. Either the connection between your SMTP server and PI is broken or the SMTP server is down. Kindly do a telnet from your PO box to the SMTP server on the configured port just to check.