Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while installing Oracle 12c software on AIX 7.1

former_member189462
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We are in the process of installing Oracle 12c software in order to perform an upgrade from 11.2.0.4 to 12.1.0.2 before upgrading our system from SAP NTW 7.4 to SAP NTW 7.5.

The installation process stops with the following error in the link binaries phase: Error invoking target 'rat_on part_on dm_on olap_on sdo_on rac_off dnfs_off' of makefile '/oracle/<SID>/12102/rdbms/lib/ins_rdbms´'.

In addition to the above described issue, while performing troubleshooting, the installation session was unexpectedly ended because to a power problem in our building. According to note 1915301, under common errors section, if the installation directory is no empty the software has to be uninstalled before re-run a new installation.

However the desinstall option fails: “ERROR: oracle/net/common/NetGetEnv.get(Ljava/lang/String;)”. No software is deleted from oracle home /oracle/<SID>/12102 and off course the re installation process failed with message “The selected Oracle Home contains directories or files”.

We’ve tried to desintall software following these three different approaches:

According to note 1915301: ./RUNINSTALLER –deinstall –home /oracle/<SID>/12102
According to note 1915314: ./runInstaller –deinstall –home /oracle/<SID>/12102
Also tried with the desintall utiliy outside the OUI: /oracle/<SID>/12102/desinstall/

Could you please help me in resuming the software installation? It is possible to simply remove current oracle home (/oracle/<SID>/12102) and reinstall software installation from scratch? I was considering rename current oracle home (/oracle/<SID>/12102 as (/oracle/<SID>/12102_BCKP), take a backup of the oraInventory and restart the software installation. Do you see any constraint in doing that?

Sorry for reporting two different incidents in the same discussion, but they are linked. I cannot move forward with troubleshooting of the first reported error without solving re installation problem.

• Current oracle release: 11.2.0.4
• OS Version: AIX 7100-03-04-1441
• Runinstaller version: 12.1.0.2.0 (059)
• Oracle Software Owner: ora<sid>

Please let us know if some extra data is required.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Diego,

You need to follow the below steps to remove the binaries manually.

- Remove all the binaries from /oracle/<SID>/12102

- Remove the file oratab from /etc

- Remove the file oraInst.loc from /etc

- Remove the $ORACLE_BASE/

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

former_member189462
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

Thanks for your response. I'll try that and let you know.

Regarding the first reported error, do you have any suggestion on how to solve it.

As a part of the troublshooting, we have given 755 rights over the gen* and linkshlib in /oracle/<SID>/12102/bin. Nothing happens after clicking on the retry button. Same error. I'm not sure what would be the impact in clicking on the continue button. Really don't know the consecuences if this error is ignored and just simply continue with the installation.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

You need to check whether the RPM glibc++ has been applied on your OS or not.

Kindly check.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

former_member189462
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

We have done a new installation process from scratch (after removing previously installed software).

No linking errors have been obtained this time.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Regards

former_member189462
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

We have done a new installation process from scratch (after removing previously installed software).

No linking errors have been obtained this time.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Regards

Answers (0)