cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when creating a Relational Connection to SAP BW from IDT

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to connect from the IDT to SAP BW using a relational connection.

I log on to the session using SAP credentials with full authorization and use the SAP JCo connection option within the relational connection.

When I test the connection I get the following error:

"com.sap.connectivity.cs.java.drivers.DBDError:[Data Federator Driver] [Server] [Connector 'testSourceConnection1455797911265'] No RFC destination was defined for the server [MyHostName]"

I have checked in SM59 in my BW system and the RFC connection for [MyHostName] exists and tests correctly.

Can anyone offer any guidance on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks

Josh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Share the IDT connection details screenshot. instead of BW host name use IP address of your BW system in the connection and try.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thank you for the suggestion.

Whilst waiting I had modified one of the names of the APS servers as it was too long to create an associated RFC in the BW system.

Trying with both the IP address or host name I get the attached error.

So the good news is that the initial error seems to have gone however I now have a new one.  For the screenshot I have had to blank out certain information to comply with the security policy.

Any other thoughts on how to resolve this?

Thanks

josh

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your Program ID mapping is wrong in the connection.It should be like DF_JCO_MYHOST_1 but in your screenshot it is like extra APS word.

instead of putting MySia.AdaptiveProcessingServer you need to put the real name of your processing server.

If you are using Program ID mapping then first you have to register the services in the SE37.

un-check the optional parameters check box and test the connection.if it is working then goto the SM59 check which  JCo is working.Same you have to register in SE37.After that you can use same in the Optional parameters in connection.

follow attached link to understand the process and how to register the JCo.

SAP BW With RFC JCO Connections In Information Design Tool - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects)...

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thank you again for your thoughts, that was useful.  I am still having an error which I am wondering if you can help me with.

I have a correct RFC destination registered on the gateway that tests fine in SM59.  For example it is called DF_JCO_ABC_0. Where ABC is the name of my BO system.

When I set up my relational connection in the IDT, if I just use the BW application server and system number with neither of the optional parameters ticked I get the error that the destination DF_JCO_ABC_1 does not exist. 

Is there a way to force it to use the ABC_0 connection?

Am I correct in assuming the option to use custom program ID mapping would force it?

From your earlier post is it correct to convert "MySiA.AdaptiveProcessingServer=" to "ABC.APS="? The APS server is called APS in the CMC.

If I use the optional parameters with the syntax = ABC.APS=DF_JCO_ABC_0 then I get an error to say the RFC connection DF_JCO_ABC_0 doesn't exist.

Sorry for all the questions, as you can tell I am quite new to the admin side of BO and I really need to get this working for a POC we are doing.

Any additional help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Josh

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

follow these steps.if not followed.

1. Open SAP Logon and log on to the SAP system

2. Enter SE37 in the transaction text field and click execute.
3. This opens the parameter panel. Enter function module RSDRI_DF_CONFIGURE click execute.

4. Set the parameters as follows:

After that update the program ID mapping in the optional parameters and try.

MySia.AdaptiveProcessingServer=DF_JCO_MYHOST_1

MySia.AdaptiveProcessingServer is the your adaptive processing server name.Copy from the bo CMC.

DF_JCO_MYHOST_1 is the DF_JCO_ABC_0

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thank you for the help so far.  It is still not working, even following the wiki but we are getting consistent errors now. We hit the problem only in trying to create the relational connection.

It seems the server program keeps being lost on the sap gateway, which isn't helping.  I have passed this over to our Basis team and hope to get a resolution soon.

Kind regards

Josh

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

try with just update the program ID mapping only.Don't update the gateway name or service name and try.

Also if you don't have the Adaptive processing server split then split the APS server in multiples and try.

Amit