cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IDM 8.0 - Task GUID - easiest way

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi IDM Experts!

Please excuse the stupid question, but I wanted to know if there was an easier way to get the GUID of a Task, besides directly looking within the Database?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

I don't know about 8.0, but in 7.2 you could just right-click the task in the MMC and there you had the option of "Get task GUID", that would copy the GUID into the clipboard. Do you mean something like that?

Regards,

Steffi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the speedy reply Steffi! Yes, you're correct! I was hoping to see the exact same right click functionality in IDM 8.0, but surprisingly I didn't; or maybe I've simply missed where this functionality is buried within the new Eclipse interface.

Best regards,
Sandeep

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm, I haven't got my hands on a 8.0 installation yet, so I can't help you there, sorry. BUT I read that those GUIDs became even more important in IDM 8, so I can't imagine that there isn't a way to get those over the Eclipse UI somehow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, exactly! They're far more important in 8.0, and its strange that I haven't come across the standard / simple way to get the GUID of a task in Eclipse, yet.

Best regards,

Sandeep

former_member187331
Participant

Hello Sandeep,

in the Preferences Window you should be able to activate "Get GUID":

Now you should be able to rightclick on a process -> "Get GUID" -> GUID is copied to the clipboard.

Greetings, Aydin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton Aydin! That's exactly what I was looking for!

Best regards,
Sandeep

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Thanks for the info ... the comment section was hidden (would have saved me some time)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I was looking for this in IdM 8.0, I did not find any documentation by SAP.

I got the following information through a ticket:

"In eclipse -> Window -> Preferences -> SAP Identity management

Global settings -> Enable task Guid (click this)
From here, you can go to what ever task and right click it to get the guid"

Works the same way as in MMC.

Hope this helps

alexanderbrietz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's what has been posted here... https://answers.sap.com/comments/12230785/view.html

Ckumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

You can also check the GUID in job log in SAP IDM 7.2 however I am not sure about SAP IDM 8.0

Regards,

C Kumar