Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUSR_LOGIN_CHECK_RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use function: SUSR_LOGIN_CHECK_RFC to check the logon id and password of employees into a custom application. We just upgraded to ERP Kernel 7.0. This function has been changed in the upgrade and is failing to validate employees. It is failing on the INTERNET_USER check. Can anyone help me on this?

thanks.....

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kim,

plz check data types of the RFC in upgraded version.

Regards,

Amey

0 Kudos

Please be more specific? I'm only passing in the user name and password.

thanks.....

0 Kudos

The more I think about this: It should not make any difference about data types. It fails to do a succesfull password check even when run from SE37.

I give a username and password and this RFC fails on a call to:

CALL 'INTERNET_USER_LOGON' with a return code 1

0 Kudos

I am facing the same problem. If anyone has got the solution please let me know.

0 Kudos

It seems that from ECC 6 onwards , the password is being treated as case sensitive. If you will check the checkbox Upper / Lowercase while testing the function module in SE37 , it will work properly.

0 Kudos

I am facing exactly the same Issue with SUSR_LOGIN_CHECK_RFC. In ECC 6, it rejects even correct passwords for some reason. On executing directly, with Uppercase/lowercase checkbox selected, it works fine. How do I check that when calling this function in my Code? How do I make sure it works fine when being called in a program... Do i convert password to upper case and then pass to this module?

0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Can anyone please tell me how to get about the case-senstivity problem?

Best Regards,

Pankaj.

0 Kudos

You may try to set up SAP to turnoff case-sensitive validation. Take a look at: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/cc/4a0ff78271bb4399c80e659466f828/frameset.htm

It is not the ideal solution, but setting up parameter login/password_downwards_compatibility = 3 works as a workaround solution.

Please let me know, if you find out how to perform RFC with case-sensitive password validation.

Regards.

Paulo E. Brugugnoli

0 Kudos

Is this a general question, or specifically to switching internet users to ABAP users?

One approach, if you want to keep the downward compatability for (RFC with password) to 0 on the higher release, is to set the password rules to tolerate an 8 character upper-case password ( and not force a change of it at logon, see login/password_compliance_to_current_policy ) and simply enter a corresponding 8 character upper-case password in the source system.

That way your higher release system can still use the new rules-mechanism (only) for all users including those connected to from lower releases, but with a different "style" of password.

Of course, a disadvantage is that someone would need to set the password (and therefor know it...).

Cheers,

Julius

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

>

> I am facing exactly the same Issue with SUSR_LOGIN_CHECK_RFC. In ECC 6, it rejects even correct passwords for some reason. On executing directly, with Uppercase/lowercase checkbox selected, it works fine. How do I check that when calling this function in my Code? How do I make sure it works fine when being called in a program... Do i convert password to upper case and then pass to this module?

Please make sure that you

- do not perform any UPPER CASE conversion

- do not truncate the password after 8 characters

Have a kind look on [SAP note 1023437|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1023437].

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moved to Security Forum...