Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Inbox app : Issue in release task

former_member186852
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I was trying to implement My Inbox fiori application. All task is appearing properly but when  I try to release any task its giving me the notification "Task Released successfully " but workflow status is remaining the ready state only & its not removing from the list also.

Action button is also not appearing.

I have perform the below steps .

Thanks & Regards,

Meghal Shah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Meghal,

Have you performed the step Configure a Task and Decisions as given in this page - App Implementation: Approve Requests - SAP Fiori for Request Approvals 1.0 - SAP Library

Only after configuring this in the back end system the action buttons appear in the detail page footer in My Inbox.

Regards,

Saurabh

former_member186852
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I have already checked the given link.

If I try to approve any task from specific application(like PO Approval , PR Approval) its working fine but  if I try same task from My Inbox its not working.

Regards,

Meghal Shah

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Meghal,

I think you have not implemented a BADI.

Fiori My Inbox - Step 6. Implement the BADI for updating the decision

It handles actual action logic right after you selected a decision button.

Most of users in Line of Business prefer individual app like Approve PO, Approve PR, etc,

I would use My Inbox for other workflow scenarios which are not on the standard Fiori apps.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

former_member186852
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Masa ,

Thanks for the reply.

I have maintained decision key also but still "Approve " & "Reject " Button is not appearing.

Once I get these buttons I will Implement the BADI.

Any suggestion ?

Regards,

Meghal Shah

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Meghal,

We can check your settings. Please upload a screenshot of decision key setting on ERP.

Regards,

former_member186852
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

kindly find the attached screen shot.

Regards,

Meghal Shah

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Meghal,

Is it a screenshot from ERP or Gateway?

Please also upload a screenshot of My Inbox app.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Masa,

I am facing the same issue.I am using My Inbox2.0

Problem statement: We are facing issue in My Inbox 2.0 application, we have set configuration for “Approve Purchase requisitions” work items and Approve PO but purchase requisition/PO are not approved using My Inbox Application.

I was trying to implement My Inbox fiori application. All task is appearing properly but when  I try to release any task its giving me the notification "Task Released successfully " but workflow status is remaining the ready state only & its not removing from the list also.

We have tried 2 options as below:

1. There is standard button named as “Claim”  available for each work item (In my case, Approve Purchase requisition work item, Approve PO, I can see same work items in my SBWP transaction) into My Inbox Application.

Once we click on button “Claim” for any item from the list, it will get reserved  and “Release” button get visible for that task as below.

Once I click on button “Release” for that item from the list, I can see message  but that item does not actually released in backend.

I can still see same item in My Inbox application with below options again.

1. Since option 1 is not working, we tried to configure add two buttons into my inbox application.

Once click on Approve button, we get popup to enter comments (even SPRO setting to comment is not enable.

Please suggest,

Anand

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Anand

SO did you implement the BADI mentioned by Masa above or not?

Sounds like you have only done the decision key configuration.

That only works on its own if the underlying workflow task is a "user decision" Ie special question & answer task. 

For any other type of task you MUST implement the BADI to apply the decision to the object/workflow as well.

Alternatively instead of using decision keys.....

you can use the default Open Task button to launch another app to do the release eg using "intent" based navigation. For this check the SAP Notes for Fiori My Inbox

rgds

Jocelyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn,

Thank you so much this problem is solved. But i have another problem.

When i add any comment for PR Approve or PR Reject. it should get updated in PR item level/ header level. it is not updating the comment also in workflow.

I need to update comments in PR once any comment is given while approving or rejecting.

Regards

Anand

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI Anand

that's a similar but different problem.  The comments are added to the workitem itself. You should be able to see this in your workflow log. If you need to store the comments elsewhere you will need to either:

a) add a subsequent workflow step to read them from the workflow & copy them to wherever you need.

b) read them from the task processing & copy them to wherever you need

suggest start new discussion for that

Jocelyn