Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REST adapter - Response Determination

bob_harris
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

We are using the REST receiver adapter (in 7.3). What is the purpose of the Response Determination tab and what data should be entered into Operation, Namespace, Response, Response Namespace? Can anyone give any examples? There's little information about this (I've looked at the SAP rest receiver config page).

Many thanks

Kind regards

Bob

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

In my understanding, that tab is used to route the response message XML to trigger another interface based on the operation name entered.

Ref:

Regards

Varun

bob_harris
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Varun. So if I've a Sync rest scenario and have specified the response mapping in the OM, will the response coming back from the web service follow the response mapping? or can I add an entry in the Response Determination tab to direct the response to a different channel e.g. mail? I'm unsure what entries would need to be added to the operation and response columns.

Thanks

Bob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

From my experience of Sync SOAP to REST scenario, if the response mapping was specified in the operation mapping, the response will follow this and we do not specifically need any values in response determination tab.

Although I am not sure what values need to be added here if/when we do need to specify response determination.

Regards

Sanjali