benjamin_paul4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Here's my scenario:

1. I create the characteristic USAGE with values: AEROSPACE, FOOD, MINING
  2. I assign this characteristic to class VA000000
  3. I assign this characteristic to class VA010000
  4. I assign the class VA010000 to VA000000 (Char. USAGE is not inherited because available in both classes!)
  5. I restrict the value to FOOD only

6. I test by assigning a material:

--> First issue, the list is NOT restricted

7. I save the material nevertheless. Assignment status 1. No check.

8. Back to CL22n I check my class assignment

--> Now it is telling me I have an inconsistency because of my assigned material

According to the documentation (CA-CL / Class Hierarchy / Restricting the Allowed Values / Example 2) and common sense, that should be the other way around ! The consistency check should be done during material assignment.

Thanks for your help.

Benjamin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

benjamin_paul4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

For information I will share that I have opened an OSS message and SAP released a new note: 2288858.

On my side it solves the issue I have described but it is still not clear regarding the intersection of values.

If other people are interested by this scenario, do not hesitate to give feedback

I feel a bit alone on this !

Benjamin

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Benjamin Paul,

Question, why your characteristic is in both the class ? and if its in both the class how you can say you are restricting it at one class ? Can you share how you restrict the values in class it may help be explain my understanding.

Try restricting it in both the classes separately and then build hierarchy , it may work.

Thanks

Ritesh

benjamin_paul4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Here is what I went through...

My first idea was to inherit the characteristic but using this scenario I cannot change characteristic options such as mandatory/optionnal.

Then I have seen in SAP documentation I can have different list of values and still use restriction.
Cf SAP documentation.

I am using the restriction in the transaction CL22n. I assign a class to an upper class, and then I use the matchcode at characteristic list to select some values.

It allows then to maintain a value at only one location. For e.g. I have a structure like:

Class 1

Class 11

Class 12

Class 121

Class 122

Class 123

Class 124

All of them are sharing the same characteristic but in the lowest level the list of values should be restricted.

Thanks for your help.

BG,

Benjamin