cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spam open transports check_phase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

while importing st-pi SP, spam is giving error in check_requirements phase that transports in stms queue need to be imported. actually some these transports are from other systems and  are already imported into the system . spam is still picking up these already imported transports as open transports. any reason why? i can try to delete the already imported transports from queue but would like to know the reason why spam picking up open transports.

Thanks,
Ranjith

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ranjith,

You can skip and start the patching.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

I understand we can skip it. my question is why will spam show up a transport that is already imported into system as not imported?

thanks,
Ranjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Ranjith,

Check the sap note 1577714 - Transport requests in Check requirements phase

If you have transport parameter CTC=1, you can allow into buffer any transport waiting to be imported AGAIN in a different client.Then SPAM detects that such correction is "to be imported" despite it

already being imported.

Regards,

Prithviraj.

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjith,

SPAM only check the transport attributes and not the objects. So if the transport which has been imported with an status imported again. Then you will get the prompt for the transport to be imported again to over come the component version mismatch.

Also check the sapnote suggested by Prithiviraj.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Brindavan_M
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjith,

During updating the ST-PI or any patch, automatic transport should be stop at SAP as well in case if its schedule at OS level. you need to stop before doing the patch upgrade. In the middle of the patch upgrade if it give error like this then you need to clean the queue with help of SAP. SAP will check and clean the queue if its is possible otherwise you need to restore the system. 

Thanks & regards,

Brindavan M