cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Control code not provided with characteristic XXX

Former Member

Hi,

While maintaining condition record (VK11), I get error as "object control code not provided with characteristic" Message no. VK432. Pls guide as to what went wrong.

Regards,

SK

kv762
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even I got the Same error.

Resolution : I recommend to Please check the Fields of the Table whether if you added appropriate fields you wished for while creating the condition table. The Value you are passing in VK11 is not appropriate it seems.

Evaluation Done : I created a Table S.org/Dist/Div/Material. I entered my desired material in Vk11 but, it showed the error. I went to v/05 and validated and found "that the Material I added is having the Field name as IRM_PDNUM instead of "MATNR".

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The full error text includes object name, which is an important information when you are troubleshooting and you have omitted it.

It also makes sense to point out for which condition types and access you get error and post screenshots, which you also did not do.

Have you tried to search the forum with the error message?

If yes - what have you checked so far and what was the outcome?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina,

Error msg " Object control code not provided with characteristics xxx (note other field) msg no: VK432".

I have a field control code in access sequence. When I create sales order, in condition tab on analysis, value of control code is appearing. So far so good.

When I go to create condition record using tcode VK11, I get the said error. Control code comes from material master, foreign trade export tab.

Regards,

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

I searched in the forum , but it was of no help.

I also changed condition class of my condition type from A to D and tested, System gives error.

Regards,

SK

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What have you tried from the suggestions there? You might think that you will waste forum members' time with explaining that, but actually you will speed up the investigation.

Without knowing what are your condition type settings and your access sequences/condition tables - how would people know what to suggest that you do, since you have provided almost no additional information?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a condition table with fields sales org + control code. Used this condition table in access sequence and eventually in condition type.

Details of condition type:

Condition class=A , condition type=A.

In VA01, in condition tab , on analysis I can see the access details. Error shows up while creating condition record (VK11).

Regards,

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution:

Control code was not valid for the sales organisation in VK11.

Issue stands closed now.

Thanks everyone for your time and effort.

Regards,

SK

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This control code field - what is the technical name?

Is it standard or it is Z* one? Check tables, check routines?

Did somebody make changes to the field in kom* without deleting and recreating the corresponding condition tables etc.?

Any possibility that there are additional checks in BTE 00503305 that produce such error?

Did you try where-used for the message vk432 - just in case?

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina, SK,

Control Code is std field in Foreign Trade / Export View of the material master. This field represents a commodity code or a tariff number for material that is used in Foreign Trade. For India localisation, it is known as Chapter ID.

Refer Tables-Field

MARC-STAWN (Plant Data for Material - Comm./imp. code) - Here commodity code/tariff number is maintained in material master

T604-STAWN (Foreign Trade: Commodity Code / Import Code Number - Comm./imp. code) - Here you maintain allowed commodity code/tariff number against the country.

Thanks, JP

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The OP could be referring to STEUC as well - from the description in the title, this is why I asked for the technical field name.

But as the problem was solved in the meantime, the question is not relevant anymore.

former_member662097
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check SAP Note-184985

In V/06- Defined a tax condition with condition class 'D' to which a calculation rule 'not by percentage' i.e not 'A' is assigned.

Regards,

Shatrughan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shatrughan,

I changed the class as told by you, but it was of no help. I went through the note too. Need to look at it from different angle.

Regards,

SK