Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Level Consolidation BPC NW 10.1

gianluca_orlandi_i
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I'm trying to implement an environment for statutory consolidation into a large group. For this reason it's necessary to run a multi level consolidation but I'm having some issue.

Consolidation model is based on classical and mandatory dimension like RPTCURRENCY and SCOPE.

Into scope dimension there are the below properties:

CONSO_TYPE:                         not populate

CURRENCY_TYPE:                    populate with "G" and "N" only for NO_SCOPE member

DATASRC_LEVEL                    not populate

ENTITY                                        populate with an existing ID ENTITY into which store the consolidation result

GROUP_CURRENCY               populate with the ID currency of node consolidation

PARENT_GROUP                    the ID of upper level node

STAGE_ONLY                              not populate

STORE_ENTITY                         populate with "Y"

STORE_GROUP_CURR               populate with "Y"

Ownership and Rates models are activated.

I've managed the consolidation perimeter for SCOPE_B and after the perimeter for SCOPE_A, where SCOPE_A is father of SCOPE_B using an input excel sheet.

After the activation of conversion rule and some easy elimination rule (just for test), I've run the conversion and consolidation program.

The consolidation of SCOPE_B is written into the consolidation entity (ENTITY property of SCOPE dimension) and into the SCOPE_B, but is not written into SCOPE_A as I was expected for the consolidation of second level.

Running conversion and after consolidation of SCOPE_A there aren't any value of SCOPE_B. Consolidation entity of SCOPE_B is missing into SCOPE_A.

To be honest, my expectation is that the result of SCOPE_B is the INPUT for SCOPE_A.

Is my expectation correct or not?

If yes maybe I'm missing some parameter into implementation.

Please, could you explain me the right way to activate the multi level consolidation?

At the moment using a specific script logic, I'm copying the result of SCOPE_B into NO_SCOPE member and I've included the consolidation company into the perimeter of SCOPE_A. In this way conversion and consolidation program use the consolidation company as input.

But it's not a good solution cause now I've some problem regarding the elimination of intercompany.

Since Entities included in SCOPE_B are no longer under SCOPE_A, their Intercompany movements are not eliminated in

SCOPE_A, which is not correct (e.g. Entities included in SCOPE_A has a credit towards Entities included in SCOPE_B....and this movements are not not eliminated).

After that, running the consolidation program selecting only one SCOPE, the execution is succeeded, but running the consolidation program selecting two SCOPE, the execution is failed with this errore message:

"RUN_LOGIC:Group hierarchy not found below SCOPE_A,SCOPE_B in application CONSOLIDATION model: CONSOLIDATION. Package status: ERROR"

I hope you could help me giving some interesting input to rich a good solution.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best Regards.

Gianluca Orlandi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

HI Gianluca.

I have the same issue. In BPC 7.0 this worked properly but in 10.1 I didnt find a solution and It still doesn´t work.

thanks.