cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODATA in Post method

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

I am using SPS 10 ODATA service . From HTML perspective, the link which i am generating is GET method .

Sample link : https://<hostname>/<path>/<odata file name>.xsodata/InputParams(<input parameters)/Results?$format=json

In the above mentioned link has input parameters also. Instead of this  , How to pass the input parameters in the HTML body which is like POST method ?

Note : In future, we no need to modify this link if there is an addition / removal of parameters .

Thanks

Saravanan TN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer to . This document shows ho you can perform GET-PUT-POST etc using SAP Gateway Client.

If you are trying it in Browser, you need to install REST client in your browser (For Example: Advance Rest Client plugin for Chrome).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atanu,

Looks like , the document which you referred is talking about ABAP. But we are using only HANA.

We are not using "SAP Netweaver Gateway service builder" also

So, is it possible to simplify this to HANA and let me know?

Thanks

Saravanan TN

former_member184867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to install REST client in your browser (For Example: Advance Rest Client plugin for Chrome)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes...We are using REST client for passing the post method. But not sure how to read in ODATA.

former_member184867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I could not understand -- "HOW TO READ IN ODATA" in the context of "OData in Post Method"

For HANA OData service move your query to more appropriate forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the REST client, we will pass the parameter in HTML body instead of directly passing the values in input parameter which i mentioned in the link

Sample link : https://<hostname>/<path>/<odata file name>.xsodata/InputParams(<input parameters)/Results?$format=json

So how to read this values in ODATA and pass this parameter value to Calculated views ?

former_member184867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you see ".xsodata" in your URL, this is an OData service created by HANA XS.

This forum is for SAP Gateway.

Post your query in more appropriate SAP HANA Developer Center forum.

sreehari_vpillai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

keys generate local "ID"

parameters via entity;

do this thing, so that, once you expose the calculation view with input parameter via xsodata, it automatically accept the inputs..

Or are you just looking for triggerring an ODATA GET request with HTTP POST protocol. How ever, create a new request in  

and close this thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sreehari,

i have created a new request and subject is "

Post method for ODATA"

Thanks

Saravanan TN

former_member184867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer to . This document shows ho you can perform GET-PUT-POST etc using SAP Gateway Client.

Gateway Client is just a REST client to test your Services.

If you are trying it in Browser, you need to install REST client in your browser (For Example: Advance Rest Client plugin for Chrome).