cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with updating Delviery Plant after the SO is saved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have an issue where we can't update the delivery plant for Raw materials and Finished goods with fixed BOMs after the SO is saved.

For the fixed BOM scenario, we run MTO with planned orders / production orders, etc. The materials and BOMs were extended to both plants, but delivery plant is still grayed out in the SO.

Most of our orders are VC and for those orders we can update the delivery plant at any time while the SO line is still open.

Because of VC orders, I was thinking this was controlled in the item category, but I didn't really see anything specific about the delivery plant in the configuration.

Can someone point in the right direction where I can make a change so that delivery plant can be updated as needed?

Thanks,

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is a bit more complicated than that.

The standard logic for determining whether VBAP-WERKS is modifiable or not is in MV45AFFE_FELDAUSWAHL_VBAP-WERK. There are a lot of checks done to ensure correct processing (including structure scope, activity category of the transaction, update type (add, change), preceding/subsequent documents, document category and so on).

SAP provides an option to override the standard approach in MV45AFZZ (form USEREXIT_FIELD_MODIFICATION), however, the responsibility to maintain the consistency and prevent future errors in the end-to-end process would be the responsibility of your developer.

So, please, think carefully what should be the criteria to allow input in VBAP-WERKS and test all possible processing variants.

You can cause very serious problems for the other teams with such development, if it is not implemented properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Veselina,

Thanks for quick feedback.

I don't want to make any major changes, I am only interested in making the raw materials and fixed BOM materials function like our VC materials where the delivery plant is already open.

My problem is I don't know what is allowing the delivery plant to be open for the VC materials.

Thanks,

Manoj

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are two possibilities for the VC items - 1) either there is additional coding in MV45AFZZ for field modification based on certain criteria (you can easily check that, probably the logic would be very simple) or 2) the standard SAP logic is applied. In the second case probably it would be harder to understand the reason if you are not very familiar with ABAP. You can try with a session breakpoint in MV45AFFE_FELDAUSWAHL_VBAP-WERK, I guess, but if you still face problems understanding what checks are performed, I would suggest to ask a colleague from the development department to help you with explanations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you for your help. Through some additional testing, I think this issue is with a specific item category. Once I resolve it, I will post my solution here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Veselina,

What we found in the session breakpoint was that the structure scope value of "B" in the item category BOM configuration caused the delivery plant to be locked in the SO per a standard SAP check.

In our system this was configured by a consulting team during the SAP roll out, so I am not sure why it was required.

I removed the "B" and conducted several end to tests, and didn't notice any issues so we are going forward with change in Production.

Thanks for your help.

Manoj

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am glad that you found the culprit.

I am wondering - if this item category was meant to be used with BOM, and you did not need to use BOM explosion with these materials, why the master data expert assigned such item category group, which would result in determining this item category? If these materials were never meant to be used with BOM, then probably there was some issue with the templates supplied by the key users.

It would be a good approach for the MD team to check proactively the quality of master data uploaded in PRD - there could be more 'surprises' like this one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our system the item category using "B" was linked to materials with fixed BOMs. In my testing the BOM still exploded in the cost estimate in the SO  - and the BOM was also properly exploded in the Planned Orders.

So without the "B" everything still looks OK.

The original configuration was done 7 years ago, and many of the people involved back then are gone now.

Answers (0)