Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heuristic run in Background : Missing demand coverage

avinash_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Need help with the below issue.

For some products, Heuristic run in Background[in Batch job] does not plan[basically the STO planned Orders were not created ] or sometime does not cover the demand completely. When we run it manually the product is planned completely.

PFA the settings that we are passing in the Run.

What could be the possible situations in which this issue might occur or is there a none SAP note for this. Our SCM version 5.10.

Regards,

Avinash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Most of such problem is due to incorrect planning sequence which is determined by low level code.
Make sure you have executed a successful LLC determination run in /sapapo/snpllc before you run the heuristic.

Best Regards,
Ada

avinash_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

From what I have read, it appears that running LLC before Heuristic is helpful.

So is it rely required that we schedule LLC in Background to run right before Heuristic.

Regards,

Avinash

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you make changes to master data, like transportation lane, PPM/PDS, or INC group, you should execute LLC determination once. Otherwise you do not need to always run it.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ruchi_das2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Avinash,

When you run heuristics manually in the data view, I assume you are running for a single location-product and it plans supply to meet entire demand. But when you run in the background, it runs in a sequence for all the location-products that are maintained in the selection profile of the variant.

Do you have "Take into account found components in planning run" checked in the variant?

My best guess would be that the Customizing Parameter "Heu.: Iter.per Comp." value should be increased to a large number if you are running multilevel heuristics. The batch job will be marked success even though it comes across this message in the background.

One way to test would be to run the heuristics in the data view by loading all location-products in the Selection used for background variant.

Regards

AK