Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading 10.2 to 11.2 Catch 22

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've just been reading the SAP Upgrade to Oracle Database 11g Release 2 (11.2): UNIX guides and under section 2.1 Checking the Original Version of Your Database it states the following :-

If the source database runs Oracle 10.2 with patch set lower than 10.2.0.5, you need to first upgrade the source database to at least patch set 10.2.0.5.

But look at this

ORACLE PATCHES 10.2.0.5 (SUPPORT PACKAGES AND PATCHES)

IMPORTANT NOTE!

ORACLE 10.2.0.5.0 EXTENDED SUPPORT

If you want to download Oracle 10.2.0.5.0 patches, please see SAP Hot News Note 1654734 first. That note provides important information about the download policy valid during Oracle Extended Support.

So according to that note 1654734 - Ext Support contract required for 10.2.0.5 PSU, SBP & Client

Only customers with an extended contract may download and use the Oracle Bundle Patches for Oracle Version 10.2.0.5 provided by SAP.

At the very bottom of that note it states The alternative to the Oracle 10.2 Extended Support is the upgrade to Oracle Version 11.2. For further details, see Note 1398634.

So what gives, can I upgrade or not?  I'm confused as this contradicts the Upgrade Guide!

HELP!

Cheers

Craig

Sorry should have said we are running 10.2.0.4.0

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

hi,

The patch set is not covered by extended support. it was released "before". You can download it.

The patches (SBP) it is covered by the extended support, you need it to download it.

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fidel,

Where would I find this patch?  Here Oracle" Database Patches" ORACLE PATCHES" ORACLE ARCHIVED PATCHES?  Called this 10.2.0.5 Patches for Database Vault ?

Thanks

Craig

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

http://support.sap.com/patches

Databases

Oracle

Oracke 10.2. Software (64 bit)   (at the bottom of the page)

Installation

your OS

Oracle Database

If I'm not wrong, that is the patch set ( I cannot download it to check it for sure)

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Fidel,

Perfect looks like I need ORACLE RDBMS Patch 10.2.0.5 HP-UX IA64 64bit

Do I need the Oracle Client as well ORACLE Client 10.2.0.5 V3 ?

Thanks again.

Cheers

Craig

Answers (0)