cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error occurred while creating a subprocess in the processing server. [RCIRAS0602]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have an issue with with hanging connections on Crystal Reports Processing Servers.

From time to time we get an errors on CRE reports in LaunchPad

The viewer could not process an event. An error occurred while creating a subprocess in the processing server. [RCIRAS0602] ---- Error code:0 [CRWEB00000119]

What helps is the restart of Crystal Reports Processing Server. What can be seen in Metrics are some hanging connections (Number of open connections is 2 or 3 while no Jobs are opened).

Anybody can help to solve it permanently or where I can find the root cause?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are having the same exact error. Instead of starting a new thread, I hope it is ok that I jump on this one.

We have BI 4.1 SP7 (fresh upgrade from SP3 two weeks ago). We have 3 identical nodes running on Windows with a separate Tomcat server.

We have a mix of WEBI, CR2013 and CR Ent reports running live (not scheduled) but the problem is only with the CR enterprise reports on 2 nodes. The reports stopped working with the same error as this post quite some time ago. We created server groups and have the CR services only running on the two remaining nodes (2 & 3). Now, right after the SP7 upgrade, node 3 started having the same issue. Our reports run ok if they run on node 2 (Crystal Reports Processing Server), but fail if they happen to run on node 3.

I have attempted to clone and delete the original CR Processing server on node 3 but still get the same error.

I have seen OSS 1834981, but it was not helpful in our case. I am opening a ticket with SAP but in the meantime  I would appreciate some insights.

Thanks,

Ray

Former Member
0 Kudos

We found a solution. It is loosely based on OSS note 1834981.

We found a null (empty) file created in <BOBJ root>\win64_x64\sapjvm\bin\ . The file was named "java" with no extension. We deleted this file and restarted the CR processing server and cache sever on each defective node, and problem was resolved.

We have no idea why this file appears, but it seems to prevent the CR child processes from spawning.

Hope this helps someone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good finding! Thanks. Helped.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pavan_k11
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Enable tracing on CR processing server.

what is the version of BO being used?

what is the server OS?

What is the data source of the report?

Does this report work in any other environment(dev, qa)

is this a clustered or standalone environment?

how many CR processing server do this environment have?

Have you seen any pattern in failed reports?

Does the issue occur during peak hours?

Are you scheduling the report or refreshing it?

Is the CR processing server modified? If yes, then stop it and create a new one and verify the behavior

pavan_k11
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Increase timeout of crystal processing and cache server.

Is the issue with reports build on crystal report for enterprise or crystal report 2013 or migrated reports.

Test if you face any issue with client tools as well(Crystal report for enterprise / crystal report 2013 designer)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the advice.

I have increased the:

Idle Connection Timeout from 20 to 30

Idle Job Timeout from 20 to 30

Idle Connection Timeout from 20 to 30

Iddle Cache Timeout from 20 to 30

Let's see.

Reports are Crystal Reports for Enterprise reports created on this platform (not migrated).

When it will happen again I will check on clients too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately the timeout increase didn't fix the issue.

Now even restart of the server doesn't help. The issue is not visible in rich CRE client.

After running a report there are two jobs visible without a username (should be one with the usename).

Any other suggestions?