cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System should prevent credit check when there is header block in sale order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

My client has a requirement that when there is a block in header i.e Delivery and Billing block then system should not perform credit check and the net value should not update in FD32.

We have tried by following so many solution option but none of the options are getting worked out.

Solution Proposals

1. Created one credit requirement routine and assigned in FD32 and logic given not to pass the net value  to perform the credit check upon create and change mode when there is any block in header. Some how it worked and didn't perform the credit check but order net value is getting updated in FD32.

2. Created one pricing requirement routine and assigned in the net value step in the pricing procedure but didn't work.

3. For header block checked the confirmation field in OVLS transaction and didn't work out.

4. Used MV45AFZB include for not to pass the net value to update in FD32 and still the result is negative.

Please let me know if you have any solution option for this issue as this a very urgent requirement.

Thanks

BN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

credit its performed by the value of confirmed quantities. Try to create a new delivery block in custo in which confirmation block is set.

When creating the sales order, set this new block reason at header level in delivery block field. When you save the sales order, block reason will unconfirm quantities and thus credit will no be affected.

When removing block, run a new availability check.

Regards,

JM

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The confirmation block will not work for non-ATP relevant materials and for items without schedule lines though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joan,

The requirement is for a specific block as we have a specific custom Delivery & Billing block(ZA) set in header level. and we have already followed this solution option but it didn't work. We have done this configuration by using the t-code OVLS.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If despite of zero confirmed quantity on schedule line level you get updates in S066 for TAN, this could mean that there is additional logic in RMCS1US1.

If you have made some changes to the pricing procedure related to subtotal A -CMPRE, this could also be a reason why you get incorrect values. In standard formula 4 is used (net+tax).

What would the company do with these orders blocked for delivery and blocked for billing?

Edit: Just saw your comment.

I have one ridiculous idea - alternative order type (with different item categories), with user status profiles and maybe authorization check for switching.

Slightly different, but might work.

Message was edited by: Veselina Peykova

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina,

When we saw it is not working by assigning the new requirement routine in net value step then we removed that.

They don't want to consume the customer credit limit when there is a header block in order.

Thanks

BN

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I understand that the company does not wish to update the credit exposure in case of delivery and billing block, my question was what is the purpose of having it in the first place from business perspective - you will not plan production or logistics activities, you will not deliver, you will not invoice it at that time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina the answer is, if the customer placing 2-3 orders at a time and at the same time the customer not giving any confirmation on the 1st order which is already set to the delivery block then the block order net value consuming the credit limit of the customer.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You describe the business requirement, but I was actually asking what the business wants to do with an order which is not going to be billed and not going to be delivered.

Usually such orders are rejected after a specific time frame based on the agreed procedures for obsolete documents cleaning - this is why I ask.

Or if this is not exactly an order, maybe it is some sort of inquiry?

What kind of confirmation you require from the customer after he has placed such order? You send him information on prices or for delivery dates and wait for approval or is it something else?

Edit: maybe if you can explain what exactly 'did not work' with examples, joan and me could provide more relevant suggestions.

Message was edited by: Veselina Peykova

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Veselina, Could you please provide me some idea how it can be done with user status profiles and authorization check for switching, for a specific header block (ZA).

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are few user exits relating to credit management which can be used by incorporating  your

requirement

• LVKMPTZZ
  • LVKMPFZ1: USER_CREDIT_CHECK1
  • LVKMPFZ2: USER_CREDIT_CHECK2
  • LVKMPFZ3: USER_CREDIT_CHECK3
VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My idea was not to use header block at all, but create a separate document type with the corresponding item categories and determination and assign it to the current document type as alternative. In this way you can easily switch to item categories, which do not update credit exposure, are not relevant for billing (if you don't set the check-box for updating credit exposure, you can still have proforma relevance) and not relevant for delivery. Only people authorized would switch from the initial document to OR for example, which would trigger re-determination of items, ATP, credit checks.

Or you can just create inquiry/quotation and after you get whatever confirmation you require - to create an order with reference to the initial document - depends what your client needs to do at the initial stage.

However, my first idea might not work or your business process, which you have not explained yet - I still have no clue what the business does with this order not relevant for delivery, for billing, for credit checks.

I am concerned that your client might be looking for a technical 'fix' to resolve an issue, which could be addressed by change management or by following internal procedures or by change of the current solution design.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina,

The requirement is if the order is set with the header block (ZA) then system should not perform credit check and the order net value shouldn't update in FD32 credit exposure and shouldn't consume the customer's credit limit. In the same order changes mode if i remove the header block (ZA) and put any other block then system should perform the credit check, recalculate the net value and update the same in FD32 credit exposure and should consume the customer credit limit.

I am facing problem because business requirement is system shouldn't perform credit check for this particular block (ZA).

Please let me know if i can make my requirement more clear.

Thanks

BN

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I understood the business requirement, it is the end-to-end business process which is not clear to me at this point.

Why they are taking this order if it should not be delivered and not billed at this point? When they will remove the block? What are they doing with it while it is blocked - if reporting - what kind of reporting, if planning - what they are planning, waiting for letter of credit or other documents to be received - what time frame, when they decide not to wait more and reject the order, to what extent this document is binding for the client and for the end customer, are they sending some printouts - if yes, then what they would need to print... such kind of information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Veselina,

Sorry for the late response. Rather i asked below questions in requirement gathering

• Whenever order is having ZA – order block, credit checks should not be triggered?
  • Credit block is required in only on VA01 or it required for VA02 as well?
  • In case of only delivery block update with ZA –in order, but order is having different billing block  – what is the expectation  – order should not trigger the  credit checks?
  • In case of only billing block ZA – in order, but order is having different delivery block  – what is the expectation – order should not trigger the credit checks?
  • In case of order is already created in VA01 and triggered credit check  - if the sales rep update the blocks to ZA in change mode – what is the expectation?
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BN,

I would try to achieve it in a different way. Configure the automatic credit control settings to have a new risk category that does not carry out any credit check. (All OVA8 settings are set to blank)

Then in the sales order user exit, do below

Check whether there is any block (Delivery / Billing) assigned to sales order header;

If yes,

- Switch the FD32 risk category to your "no" risk category in the sales order header

Try doing that and post us what you observe.

Further more, please check below 2 links as well.

How to configure credit management in SAP

Thanks

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your answer but unfortunately we can't do that because my client has only once credit control area and even i have tried by clearing up the update group in credit control area. But this solution didn't work out because my requirement is when i will remove the header block in change mode of the order then system should update the net value in FD32.

Hope you can understand.

Thanks

BN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi and other gurus please help me to find out the solution for this issue.

Thanks
BN