cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODATA Service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

I am using SPS 10 version of ODATA service for providing the data to other applications.

As request of end user application, i am providing this data in JSON format.

Sample link : https://<hostname>/<path>/<odata file name>.xsodata/InputParams(<input parameters)/Results?$format=json

Sometime, the data will be huge. So i need to compress the data and send to end user.

How to compress the data while sending the data to other applications by using ODATA service ?

Thanks

Saravanan TN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sreehari_vpillai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OData is a typical HTTP consumption case for web applications. There is no meaning to compress the data and send it. If you are bothered about the volume of data, page the response. From your URL , you are using xsodata service, where paging is by default implemented. You do not even need to code something .

JSON FIle - there is no json file involved in the context of odata. the http responsebody you are recieving is a plain text, which is in json notation and parsable with json parser

as a bottom line, paging is your answer here.

adding to it - hana is known for its capability to handle mass load of data processing. So , give it the satisfaction to process the data, but to avoid network load , pass the paging parameter. XS Engine will filter the data accordingly and get as response,

Message was edited by: Sreehari V Pillai

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sarvanan,

As far as i know there is no such mechanism to compress the standard GW response.

Since its a JSON response its already very light when compared to XML.

Regards,

Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

Thanks for your info. May be the JSON file contains 20K to 30K lines.

Is there any JSON file size limit ?

Thanks

Saravanan TN

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No size limit imposed. But its not good to handle so much of data via GW.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I feel that ODATA is a secure way to provide instead of JDBC connection.

Is there any other way to handle this ?

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Still its worth to try and keep the data volume minimum when handling through GW.

As far as i know no other way to compress the standard GW response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your info. We will try to minimize the data volume.

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be you can try to paginate the result set and try lazy loading. But it depends on your use case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

May i know the way to do the pagination ?

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please check the below mentioned blog posts:

Regards,

Ekansh