Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packing industry

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

one of my client is into manufacturing of various packing materials.

please share information on the business process and how this is configured in SAP

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Siva,

I had worked as an end user for a packaging manufacturing company. It sold cans, can-ends, bottles to various beverage companies. For this company, the goods were not what you would see in general packaging setup in SAP for example for Coca-Cola, the packing are the bottles, cans, cases/crates, pallets. But for this company, it was salable products. And SAP was setup in the same way as a company would set it up for sales of any goods.

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

I would advice you to check below links on your topic.Hope you will get a good understanding my reading those. When I started my career, those were the ones I also read. Have a nice day!

Packing Functionality in SAP

Automatic Packing Functionality in SAP

Thanks much and have a nice day!

Regards,

Simon

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the post

iam aware of the Packing functionality.

my requirement is to know the business processes(Business Flow) of the companies who manufacture only Packing materials.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Business processes can vary a lot between industries, countries and companies.

The best approach is to speak to your clients and learn their business processes.

The whole idea of hiring a SAP consultant is that they will tell you what their processes are/ or would be and you advise them how this can be achieved in SAP.

Usually there are:

• BPE (business process experts), who can give you very good information,
  • AS-IS vs TO--BE documents can provide some insight as well,
  • makes sense to check for BPD (business process documentation);
  • maybe you have business process consultants in the team - you can ask them as well.

When you identify the processes you may check SAP best practices for some ideas.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the information.

i have been Following the same Approach since 6 years.

iam not able to find Business process documentation on this industry

if you have any links of the documentation please provide

iam aware client can give the process as it is the Basic step for understanding but i need to be pre informed of the process as we have not yet discussed with client.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By BPD I meant documentation for your current project, apologies for causing confusion.

Packing materials are a broad term - check from their website the product range. Maybe this could give you some ideas on what they could have as processes.

For example it would be one thing to produce and sell Euro pallet plates and completely different rules to follow if you produce foils/ plastic bags/ PET bottles/cartons/cans etc.

Also check where they have offices, distribution centers and plants - web search could give some results if it is not a really new company. This can give you ideas on org structure, haulage, export etc.