cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is SAP PI 7.4 SP 00 compatible with ECC 4.6 without any EHP ?

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are doing an Upgrade project where we are upgrading PI 7.0 to 7.4 and ECC from 4.6 to 4.6 EHP 7. So far we have integrated Development  SAP PI 7.4 with ECC 4.6 EHP 7  sandbox and its working fine.

Now we are made PI Quality system ready, but ECC system will take some time(may be 2 month) to get upgraded and prod will take even longer.So in the meantime we are planning to integrate upgraded PI 7.4 with existing ECC 4.6 , is this possible or will we face some compatibility issue?

As a first step I started registering the ECC to PI SLD using rz70 but getting error there itself,I am wondering if this is because of version mismatch.Could not find any post related to such question in scn.

Any valuable input appreciated .Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

SAP PI being a hub system shall ideally have the highest release in entire SAP landscape in comparison to other SAP systems integrated via PI. This is a common guiding principle - refer to a SAP Note 1043047 and Notes mentioned in it for more details about reasons for that. So it is absolutely fine to run SAP application systems of lower releases and integrate them via PI system of a newer release.

Regarding the error in RZ70. If you provide more details on it here, it would be easier to make further analysis.

By the way, in a title, you mentioned PI 7.4 SP00. Is there any particular reason to run the newly installed system with initial Support Package? It is normally generally recommended to apply most recent or most recent minus one Support Package level. And for release 7.4, currently the most recent is SP13.

And, as a matter of product naming, I would assume you mean SAP R/3 4.6 and SAP ECC 6.0 EhP7.

Regards,

Vadim

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vadim,

Thanks for your answer,you were right .

Also sorry SCNers for late reply.

I am closing this thread as today I actually integrated my PI 7.4 with ECC 6.0.(this activity had got delayed due to some reason).

Also ,Vadim again you were right the PI system I am handling is not on SP00 but SP13(I did not check it at the time of writing question 😄 )

So to reiterate , as had been mentioned in the following notes too 1388258,1043047 and 1737650, higher level of PI is compatible with lower version of ECC.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dilip,

Compatiblity should not be a problem.

As Vadim suggested if you share us the exact issue we can help you out.