cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS alert for long running update

0 Kudos

Hi All,

We already have CCMS alerts configured in our systems, which are wrking fine.

Can we setup CCMS alerts for long running updates (we already have configured alerts for cancelled update as well update status and both workng fine)

Just for info we have Windows 2012 and MS SQL 2012 as backend.

Thanks and Regards,

ZA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

IanSegobio
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello there,

SAP Client Server Technology team created a document with all the details on how to implement that. Please check the CST Wiki page:

Monitoring Update Resources Using CCMS Infrastructure - Application Server Infrastructure - SCN Wiki

Cheers,

Ian Segóbio.

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ZA,

default RZ20 monitors for updates can be found here:

• SAP CCMS Monitor Templates
  • Entire System
  • <SID>
  • Application Server
  • <Instance>
  • R3Services
  • Update.

Best regards,

Laszlo

0 Kudos

Hello Laszlo,

Thanks for your update. I already have checked this before but not sure which MTE or option i need to go with for long running update.

possible options we have

ResponseTime

QueueTime

Utilisation

NumberOfWpUD1

ErrorsInWpUD1

ErrorFreqInWpUD1

EndedWpUD1

under PerformanceU1 and PerformanceU2.

Can you please elaborate on this. which one i need to select for long running update.

Thanks and Regards,

ZA.

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello ZA,

there is no such MTE to monitor long running updates. If there is a long running update, then a long running job/program should exist. Is it not enough to monitor long running jobs and long running Dia WPs?

Regards, Alwina

0 Kudos

Hello Alwina,

Thanks for your reply.

In production, due to ADS services all update work process was occupied and it is like update work process hanged or seems long running. so to be get notified for this type of scenario we are planing to setup ccms for the same.

Regards,

ZA

former_member182505
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

If it is the case you issue is not going to solve, you need to work in other way , if ADS is taking time to update and its running longer , i suspect there is some problem is your system,

Thanks

Sadiq

0 Kudos

Hi Sadiq,

we resolved that issue, but here we need some mechanism by which alerts get triggered and we notified before some thing goes vey wrong.

if any idea/suggestions please let me know.

Regards,

ZA

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello ZA,

in the Utilisation MTE you can monitor if the Update WPs will get occupied. But there is really no MTE for the Update long runners. What is ADS? Some applications have their own monitors in RZ20.

Regards, Alwina